PDA

View Full Version : why do I see rapid cycling between OL/CL when clutching..log/tune attchd

Jetmech442
October 15th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Issue: When I clutch in, it cycles in/out of open loop rapidly. When I'm at idle, it reverts back to CL. I dialed in idle per SSpeedmn, Weatherman Shawn and Krambo's tuning. Per Krambo, I have what I thought was a "Hybrid Open Loop/Closed Loop”.

I'm currently finalizing CALC.MAFT procedures, it's working great.

I was sure that I had gone through and turned off all CL parameters, but when I clutch in, doesn't matter if I'm 0mph or 60mph, it still cycles back and forth.

I'm not sure what I missed, but I'll keep looking. I've attached my most current tune and the logs of where CL cycles between 1 and 0.

joecar
October 15th, 2015, 12:35 PM
CALC.CL is defined as "{GM.EQIVRATIO} = 1"

if you look at GM.EQIVRATIO in the bottom chart you will see why CL is cycling... it's telling you that commanded fueling is stoich or not.

If you're setup for open loop, ignore the pid CALC.CL since it's primary use is in the CALC.SELBEN to select CALC.LTFTBEN or CALC.WO2BEN.

Jetmech442
October 17th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Yup. I'm an idiot.

I was just confused because I had set all my commanded EQ to other than one. But my PE was set to one for idle area per Krambo tutorial.

Sorry to have wasted your time on this one.

joecar
October 17th, 2015, 11:47 AM
No worries.

PE should not be enabling at idle... post a link to that tutorial.

Jetmech442
October 19th, 2015, 05:25 AM
Idle tuning link , post number 7 discusses the "Hybrid Open Loop/Closed Loop": http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/tuning-101-tuning-dummies-plus-krambos-idle-tuning-tips-tricks-373848/

My goal for doing this was to rid myself of the raw fuel smell while idling. I'm pretty sure going to COS 3/5.. would allow me to do the same thing, but I just want to be able to drive it for realz before it snows. Tired of taking flack from my buddies...

Forgot to add, I'm running a 228R TSP cam. I'm pretty sure it was ground on a 115LSA, so I don't think there should be any overlap.