PDA

View Full Version : 3.6 sidi lfx

jfclubby
October 18th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Hey guys its been years since I last tuned with the old V1 on the 5.7's and sold everything years ago. last week I bought a 2012 SV6 with the 3.6 SIDI LFX and 6spd manual and thought I would jump on the forum to see if it was supported, from what I can see it is. My question is how much have you all improved driveability in playing with the tune? only owned it 4 days and already done intake and cat back and considering in a reinvestment of EFILive again. Obviously I am a mile out of touch with how far engines have come in these modern vehicles but interested to see what can be done in terms of improving on what it already is.

Keen to hear from someone that has played with this particular engine's cals and your experience in doing so.

TIA

auspeed
October 22nd, 2015, 09:48 AM
No one tuned an 3.6 sidi lfx on this forum yet?

GMPX
October 22nd, 2015, 10:20 AM
I know a number of tuners here in Australia tune them and get good results, but they don't frequent forums.

jfclubby
October 22nd, 2015, 12:56 PM
It would be nice to see what results can be achieved with these engines given they are E85 ready and relative high comp engines, I think there could be substantial improvements in the factory tune. Was hoping for some feed back regarding there ease of tuning, As I said ive only played with the LS engines/EFILive and that was a long time ago.

Road
October 22nd, 2015, 01:13 PM
There is some good gains to be had. I helped with a mazda road coarse car with a LFX swap and we played with the cam timing a lot 5-6 hp on cam tuning alone.
Here is a video that was sent to me on one I tuned he has been spanking some LS3 with this one.
https://www.facebook.com/kirk.butler.73/videos/920136594700238/