PDA

View Full Version : major problem with logging (can't do it)

tgeers
May 18th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone.

I was out logging data the other day and the car battery went dead. Had to have the car towed home.

Now the black box's lights stay on contantly and I can't scan, program, or log. Even the green logging light stays on. If hooked to my laptop alone the lights are on. Does anyone know what is going on here? Is there a fix? I have a crappy program in my corvette now and need to use my laptop to fix it.

I am desparate!

Thanks for your help.

joecar
May 18th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Can you clear the BB from the scan tool software...?
Can you connect to the vehicle from the scan tool software...?

tgeers
May 18th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks for your reply.
when I try to connect from my laptop to the black box, my computer thinks it is trying to connect to the car. Then an error message comes up that says that no cable was found.

I am not able to connect to the car either.

I hope someone knows what to do.

purrvert
May 18th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Try to reinstall the driver.

tgeers
May 18th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I sent a request of efilive support. They just had wait4me to call me to discuss the situation. He stated that if all the lights come on and stay on, then the black box is probably "fried". He said return the black box to him and he will replace it.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT! THOSE GUYS AT EFILIVE NOT ONLY RESPOND QUICKLY BUT THEY GO ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT I WAS EXPECTING. FRUSTRATING SITUATION, QUICK RESPONSE, OUTSTANDING REMEDY.

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.