PDA

View Full Version : October 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Blacky
October 28th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.

Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.296_Setup.exe) (101 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.287_Setup_2.exe) (64 MB)

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_287.htm)

IMPORTANT
The Auto-Lock implementation for E39, E92 and E98 controllers requires that tuners and customers upgrade their AutoCal and FlashScan firmware to V2.07.86 or later. The upgrade is required to prevent *.ctz and *.coz tune files created using this pre-release (or later) from being used with older software or firmware.

Tuners: If you update your software and firmware and attempt to deliver new tune files to your customers, then your customers must also update to the following versions (or later):

[*=1]V7.5 Software: V7.5.7, Build 288
[*=1]V8 Software: V8.2.2, Build 281

or they will not be able to flash those new tune files. Existing/old tune files will continue to work normally with the new software.

Existing tune files will continue to work normally with the new software.

Known Issues
Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As new issues are verified they will be posted in the Known Issues (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26071-Known-issues-with-the-October-2015-Public-Pre-Release) thread.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 296
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 287
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.92 (Oct 26, 2015)
To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

Chuck CoW
October 29th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Installed and running! Anything specific you want tested?

By the way.... Was hoping for 2016 T87 OS # 24278443......:angel_innocent:

Chuck CoW

GMPX
October 29th, 2015, 09:50 AM
By the way.... Was hoping for 2016 T87 OS # 24278443......:angel_innocent:
I left it out just to annoy YOU Chuck :rotflmao:

Dmaxink
October 29th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks Ross!

Chuck CoW
October 29th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I left it out just to annoy YOU Chuck :rotflmao:

You're not annoying me.....

You're like my little Brother.... I know just how to turn your screws to make you crazy.:angel_innocent:

Purely for my own entertainment!

But, that doesn't mean that I don't love you like a brother. :pokey:

Besides, I came up with a good workaround for that OS anyway.... ;)

Chuck CoW

GMPX
October 29th, 2015, 03:37 PM
No blood was boiled with your comments Chuck, its all good.

Chuck CoW
October 30th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Strange enough, I updated everything in the middle of the night.... All went well.

This morning I tried do datalog an LS1 via serial wideband.... Something I do pretty much every day.

Non of my ben factor pids would work and my ben factor map (that I use every day) was messed up.

While I agree I might be nuts, I did use it every day (and yesterday on the same car) without any issues.

Anyone have any similar issue......

Chuck CoW

Blacky
October 30th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Strange enough, I updated everything in the middle of the night.... All went well.

This morning I tried do datalog an LS1 via serial wideband.... Something I do pretty much every day.

Non of my ben factor pids would work and my ben factor map (that I use every day) was messed up.

While I agree I might be nuts, I did use it every day (and yesterday on the same car) without any issues.

Chuck CoW

For anyone else having the same or similar issues, an updated sae_generic.txt file has been posted in the known issues thread to fix this problem.
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26071-Known-issues-with-the-October-2015-Public-Pre-Release

(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26071-Known-issues-with-the-October-2015-Public-Pre-Release)Thanks Chuck for helping solve the problem.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
October 31st, 2015, 06:53 PM
what a great update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dieselpower87
November 2nd, 2015, 01:46 PM
i know this is off subject but ive been trying to find out if it is possible to change the display lettering like in your profile pic lol is it super top secret or can you help me out :) @GMPX

GMPX
November 2nd, 2015, 06:27 PM
I think it was a text file that could be changed and when the ECM was being flashed it would display a message, someone else might recall the specifics.

DURAtotheMAX
November 3rd, 2015, 07:48 AM
I think it was a text file that could be changed and when the ECM was being flashed it would display a message, someone else might recall the specifics.

on the 2003-2005 trucks that would show a text message on the cluster during reflash??

Yeah, its in the documents/efilive/v7.5/userconfiguration folder...the "messages.txt" file. The command/message string to send text to the cluster is slipped into the bootloader, and then the ECM sends the cluster text messages back to the cluster at various points during the flash.

Blacky
November 3rd, 2015, 08:24 AM
i know this is off subject but ive been trying to find out if it is possible to change the display lettering like in your profile pic lol is it super top secret or can you help me out :) @GMPX

The messages are contained in the file \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\Messages.txt
Each message must be 20 characters or less

Regards
Paul

Example file:

[MESSAGES]
DONE = EFILive FINISHED
LOCK.01 = LOCK IN PROGRESS
FLASH.01 = EFILIVE FLASHSCAN
FLASH.02 = FLASH IN PROGRESS
FLASH.03 = www.efilive.com
READ.01 = EFILIVE FLASHSCAN
READ.02 = READ IN PROGRESS
READ.03 = www.efilive.com

Blacky
November 3rd, 2015, 08:26 AM
on the 2003-2005 trucks that would show a text message on the cluster during reflash??

Yeah, its in the documents/efilive/v7.5/userconfiguration folder...the "messages.txt" file. The command/message string to send text to the cluster is slipped into the bootloader, and then the ECM sends the cluster text messages back to the cluster at various points during the flash.

Didn't see your message before posting - you beat me to it :)
Paul

ScarabEpic22
November 3rd, 2015, 08:36 AM

Works on 02-05 TrailBlazer/Envoy/etc as well. IDK about cars.

69camaro5speed
November 8th, 2015, 07:06 PM
This got me for some hrs ,thinking I was crazy, doesn't help when customer has there fuel pumps wired to 12 switch full time killing the battery every time I would check
I was like hmmm even gone from old logs

69camaro5speed
November 8th, 2015, 07:09 PM

Chuck CoW

This got me for some hrs ,thinking I was crazy, doesn't help when customer has there fuel pumps wired to 12 switch full time killing the battery every time I would check
I was like hmmm even gone from old logs

ViciousKnid
November 9th, 2015, 06:37 AM
after updating the PID for a wideband no longer becomes active. States there's an issue in the AV1/AD1 PID.

Blacky
November 9th, 2015, 07:57 AM
after updating the PID for a wideband no longer becomes active. States there's an issue in the AV1/AD1 PID.

See Issue #3 here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26071-Known-issues-with-the-October-2015-Public-Pre-Release

Regards
Paul

ViciousKnid
November 9th, 2015, 08:01 AM
See Issue #3 here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26071-Known-issues-with-the-October-2015-Public-Pre-Release

Regards
Paul

Excellent. Didn't realize there was a separate thread for these fixes. Not often I need to use the forum. Only recently started updating
Thanks!

l33tmax
November 9th, 2015, 09:07 AM
So I've been trying to flash my 2016 Duramax, I try doing a full flash and select ok, says please wait>ignition off now> then starts the 40 second count down. So I go ahead and try just a cal flash and sure enough it lets me license the ECU and flashes the truck. But now truck wont start, is there any reason why it wont let me do a full flash? What am I doing wrong?

ViciousKnid
November 9th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Did you try the full flash AFTER it licensed or only before?
That was the proper process for licensing. After its licensed it should full flash

l33tmax
November 9th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Yes I tried to full flash it after I licensed and cal flashed the ecu. Still goes straight to wanting to do a count down. I also tried flashing it using my laptop and this is what I get.18998

Blacky
November 9th, 2015, 09:29 AM
What's the Boot Block number of your ECM? You can find that out using the option: [F4: OBD]->[Retrieve All Information].
Currently E86B full-flashing only supports boot block: 12657305
If your ECM's boot block number is different to that, then we'll need to update the software to support the new boot block.

Regards
Paul

l33tmax
November 9th, 2015, 09:43 AM

Thanks

Blacky
November 9th, 2015, 09:52 AM

Thanks

I have updated the known issues with a workaround for you. See Issue #5.
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26071-Known-issues-with-the-October-2015-Public-Pre-Release

Regards
Paul

Road
November 9th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I did two 2016 Duramax last week and the first one I did failed the cal flash and would not start and did the count down on the full flash. I cal flashed the stock file and the truck started again and then cal flashed the new file and all went well. The second one cal flashed correctly using the same file for both. I didn't check what boot block number was though. One other thing I noticed on both trucks was when using the scanner the IPC and turn signals would freeze up which tells me something on the can bus wasn't happy. Both truck returned back to customer now.

Thanks
Mike

GMPX
November 9th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Should be no reason why you would need to full flash a 2016 LML, the option is there because we can do it but it doesn't really achieve anything. Don't feel it is necessary to do this to recover from a failed cal flash, if a cal flash fails it only takes a cal flash to recover it.
Thanks for the feedback Mike.