PDA

View Full Version : $0185 Error File Folder

ippielb
October 30th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Went to try and log on my scan tool on my 06 duramax. Went to the LBZ and wanted to start to log, came up with a $0185 error, file folder not found. Tried to fix the problem myself, formatted the memory card, formatted the tune tool. Checked the software versions, i'm at a loss.

Blacky
October 30th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Went to try and log on my scan tool on my 06 duramax. Went to the LBZ and wanted to start to log, came up with a $0185 error, file folder not found. Tried to fix the problem myself, formatted the memory card, formatted the tune tool. Checked the software versions, i'm at a loss.

Error $0185 is file not found. Most likely the file that is not being found is the Options.txt file or some dependent file.

You should set up the black box logging options using the V8 software's [F5: BBX] tab page, something like this:

When you click the [Program] button the Options.txt and all required dependent files are copied to your FlashScan device.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
October 30th, 2015, 01:55 PM
formatted the memory card

Did you use the format option in FlashScan to format the SD Card? If not then the required folder structure may not be present on the card - which can also cause the $0185 error.

To format your SD Card, use FlashScan's built in option:
F4 Options -> F2 File System ->F3: Format File Sys

Regards
Paul

ippielb
November 1st, 2015, 06:15 PM
Error $0185 is file not found. Most likely the file that is not being found is the Options.txt file or some dependent file.

You should set up the black box logging options using the V8 software's [F5: BBX] tab page, something like this:

When you click the [Program] button the Options.txt and all required dependent files are copied to your FlashScan device.

Regards
Paul
I formatted everything again, tried a different memory card and programmed the controller. Tomorrow morning i will try to log again.

Did you use the format option in FlashScan to format the SD Card? If not then the required folder structure may not be present on the card - which can also cause the $0185 error.

To format your SD Card, use FlashScan's built in option:
F4 Options -> F2 File System ->F3: Format File Sys

Regards
Paul

Yes sir, went onto the forums here, and searched it to double check. The instructions that are provided in the scan/tune tool were spot on.:good:

ippielb
November 3rd, 2015, 12:22 PM
So, after the program of my controller, went to my truck, the LBZ/LMM wasn't programmed onto it. Weird, after i got home plugged it in, i guess i accidentally deselected them from the list. Re-programmed with the LBZ and LMM PID's. Today, went out to my truck, hooked up, went to select my LBZ, worked, i displayed the data, worked great. Then i went to log the data and it comes up $0185 error again.

I went into my explorer program right now and the EFI Live folder is empty in my memory card. Can a guy repopulate the folders for tune and scan automatically or does he have to make the folder manually.4

EDIT:

When i tried to make manually it gives the $0185 error.

EDIT AGAIN:

Formatted the SD card once more, this time it created the folders for me.

Blacky
November 3rd, 2015, 01:19 PM
EDIT AGAIN:

Formatted the SD card once more, this time it created the folders for me.

Glad its working for you now.

Just for others who may have the same issue:
If you use FlashScan's onboard option to format the SD Card then it will make the folders for you.
If you remove the SD Card and format it using a PC (with a card reader) then it won't make the folders for you. In that case you'll need to create the folders manually as follows:
\EFILive
\EFILive\Scan
\EFILive\Tune
\EFILive\Tune\Read

Regards
Paul