PDA

View Full Version : Dsp5 flashing issue

Creek View Diesel
November 4th, 2015, 04:47 AM
Went to flash an 04.5 LLY last night and I got the message in the picture below. So I clicked Alt keys, assume lock may be faulty, try additional unlock strategy, and high speed I attempted to flash it again with no avail. I'm hoping its an easy fix, but I'm worried the ecm is done for.

Truck is all stock besides gauges, and a edge insite.

All of my stuff is up to date. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Move'n Up
November 4th, 2015, 05:06 AM
Are you flashing direct to the OBDII port (Edge Insight Unplugged not Pass Thru)?

$0101 No data received

CAUSE: USB cable is faulty or not connected. In rare circumstances the PC operating system or the EFILive software may be malfunctioning. In even rarer circumstances the FlashScan or AutoCal device’s USB circuitry may have been damaged. That damage occurs when the laptop is powered by a voltage inverter supplied from the vehicle’s battery. A power inverter must never be used to power the laptop while it is connected via FlashScan or AutoCal to the vehicle.

ACTION: Check USB cables, plugs and connections. Try using a different USB port and/or different USB cable. Try rebooting the PC/laptop. Try using a self-powered USB hub between the PC/laptop and FlashScan or AutoCal. Try re-installing EFILive software which also re-installs the USB drivers.

Creek View Diesel
November 4th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Flashing directly into the OBDII port. And I have never used an inverter while flashing. I will try that and see what I come up with. Truck is currently in a no crank position. Is it possible that the ecm is still good?

Move'n Up
November 4th, 2015, 05:30 AM
ECM Is probably okay. Disconnect both batteries and wait 10~15 minutes. While waiting Charge the truck batteries but BE SURE to Disconnect the charger before proceeding to the next steps! Now, reconnect batteries and flash a Stock Tune

THEFERMANATOR
November 4th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Also is there an aftermarket radio in the truck? If so make sure it is REMOVED from the truck, and the door chime adapter module removed as they are KNOWN to crash the bus and cause a no data received error. Also they can sometimes pop awake during a flash, and stop the process or even worse brick an ECM.

Creek View Diesel
November 4th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Also is there an aftermarket radio in the truck? If so make sure it is REMOVED from the truck, and the door chime adapter module removed as they are KNOWN to crash the bus and cause a no data received error. Also they can sometimes pop awake during a flash, and stop the process or even worse brick an ECM.
No none of that in the truck at all, I even pulled all the radio fuses last night. Like I said it is all stock besides a pair of Autometer gauges

GMPX
November 4th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Did you try what Move'n' Up suggested? Pull the battery(s) for a minute and try again.

Creek View Diesel
November 4th, 2015, 08:57 AM
That is the next step. The day job has me tied up until 6 tonight and then I'm going to try it again. Hopefully it will work this time!

catman3126
November 4th, 2015, 09:41 AM
pull the radio fuses and amp. two 15 amps and a 30 amp, down in the lower right hand corner.

Creek View Diesel
November 4th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Update time.
When I got to the truck this afternoon this is what I did.

Opened Scan Tool and cleared all of the codes.
Opened V8 (said a few choice profanitys) and preformed a full flash without a single hiccup!
Truck now runs like a scalded dog. I didn't do a single thing different from the first flash attempt last night and it just worked tonight.

Thanks for all the help guys, it is greatly appreciated!

THEFERMANATOR
November 4th, 2015, 04:14 PM
I've had better luck flashing LLY's with V7.5. V8 is VERY hot or miss for me.

Creek View Diesel
November 4th, 2015, 04:17 PM
I haven't had an issue until this truck. If the V8 hadn't worked I was going to try and flash it in with V7.5

Move'n Up
November 5th, 2015, 05:50 AM
Glad to hear your up and running again!