PDA

View Full Version : Truck won't start, flash or scan..

V8 HUNTER
November 8th, 2015, 02:54 AM
I'm having some problems flashing my truck. It's a 2006 Dodge 2500 auto. I bought it with someone else's csp5 tunes on it but I bought my own v2 to build my own tunes. I flashed a stock 5553 tune and it worked fine and ran then shut off . So I then flashed it again with a tune with the correct Vin and I don't know what happened but it wouldn't take the tune. Now V8 won't won't read the ecu and won't flash it either. Now when you turn the key on the trucks lift pump just pulses and it will crank but not start.
Also the 4th light across on the v2 stays on.
I also plugged my smarty touch in to see if it'll read it and nothing. If you try and tune it with the smarty it says the ecm is not in application mode...
What happened? What's my next step?
Thanks.

V8 HUNTER
November 8th, 2015, 03:54 AM
When the flash stops it comes up with, "Script exited with code $0312: sub function not supported or invalid format ($12)."

superwagon
November 8th, 2015, 05:38 AM
So you flashed it with a downloaded stock tune and then started the truck without verifying correct vin number?

V8 HUNTER
November 8th, 2015, 05:53 AM
So you flashed it with a downloaded stock tune and then started the truck without verifying correct vin number?
It started then shut off because of the skim key. So I changed the Vin on v7.5 and tried to flash again and it didn't work. Now won't read at all. It's like the ecm isn't in the right mode or something.

superwagon
November 8th, 2015, 06:00 AM
If it had the correct VIN before you started it then I'm not sure what to recommend.

V8 HUNTER
November 8th, 2015, 06:38 AM
I need to figure out what $0312 is. For than code it just says contact efi live to I'm going to have to do that.. I'd take it to the dealer to reflash it but it doesn't run :nixweiss:

2007 5.9
November 8th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Unplug the csp switch and retry

superwagon
November 8th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Unplug the csp switch and retry
Was he flashing through the csp5 switch? I always unplug and flash directly through obd2.

2007 5.9
November 8th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Was he flashing through the csp5 switch? I always unplug and flash directly through obd2.

Didn't say but 99% of the time your trying to flash through the switch and get a $0312, unplugging it fixes the issue

superwagon
November 8th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info Les!

V8 HUNTER
November 8th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Didn't say but 99% of the time your trying to flash through the switch and get a $0312, unplugging it fixes the issue

Yes I was trying to flash through the switch. I'll have to retry that. How would that explain my truck not starting now? It's like the computers corrupted or something.

superwagon
November 8th, 2015, 04:18 PM
I am not sure. I have always unplugged before flashing. Definitely worth a try! Les is a wealth of knowledge!

2007 5.9
November 8th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Yes I was trying to flash through the switch. I'll have to retry that. How would that explain my truck not starting now? It's like the computers corrupted or something.

Your ecm does not have a valid tune installed...it failed a flash, therefore no data is available.

Unplug switch, flash new tune in and enjoy

tylerltr450
November 9th, 2015, 08:33 AM

Plus 1++++++ i learned my lesson the hard way just like the OP on this. I always pull it out now. the extra time can decrease issues...