PDA

View Full Version : Octane Scaler = Off - Teach me!

Level2
November 9th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Hey guys.... I am running a file built on top of the HyperTech that was in the PCM. It was programmed to use 93 octane. As I read the file and am learning EFI and all it can do, I see B6220 is Disabled. Also, the Engine Run Octane Modifier is flat, all 0's.

I bought EFI Live to enable e-fans, change TCC Lock Up, disable secondary O2, and learn learn learn how much better I can make my '01 2500 6.0L Suburban run for my needs.

My goal is to have my vehicle much more economical on the highway, as I run long trips. Getting 15 mpg now at 70 mph with cruise. 19001If I have a crazy tow through the desert, I can load a different file to compensate for the haul.

So, as I drive, I don't have knock. Sensors are new and functioning. I live in Vermont and climb 9% grade highways at 65mph and no knock. Tailpipe is a little black. I know there has to be room for mod here.

Should I enable this feature, and how can I build a spark table to work with it? I ONLY use Sunoco 93 (or Shell in a pinch) since 1992.

All thoughts welcome!

joecar
November 10th, 2015, 04:44 AM
B6220/B6221 initializes the octane/knock scaler as if you had knock... I don't see any reason to do this (does it knock when you start it...?).

Level2
November 10th, 2015, 11:35 AM
No Knock when starting at all. Maybe I am look ahead of myself and should be focused on high octane spark table first. BTW, is there any info on temp corrections for running a fresh air intake?

Jetmech442
November 12th, 2015, 01:04 PM
I plan on flashing in COS5 in the spring. It allows you to command a specific EQ(AFR) for a map that is MAP vs RPM. This would allow you to run leaner on your highway cruise zone(low load/rpm). I've read several threads where people log these areas with the WB02 to make sure what they command is actually happening and gaining decent mpg's..... just a thought.