PDA

View Full Version : 411 Swap 96-02 injector #1 not firing

HellKnightHicks
November 10th, 2015, 02:39 PM
There are several reported incidents of people with recent versions of EFI live flashing OS and Tune and losing cylinder #1 after chaning PCM's

I myself have seen this issue and am working on one i have taken a known working PCM and after flashing still didnt have Cylinder #1.

At this point I have to thing its either something thats changed in an update or something wrong in the flashing of the Operating system.

Ill link this for others to post up too.

Wiring has been tripple checked.

lots of details here.
http://forum.gmtruckcentral.com/showthread.php/1707-411-MOD-DROPPING-1-CYLINDER

Thanks for your time.

spastik monkey
November 10th, 2015, 03:38 PM
thanks for the info. hope I don't run into this

5.7ute
November 10th, 2015, 04:28 PM
You pulled a pcm out of a good running truck. Flashed an OS into it and put it in the truck with the dead hole and it's still there. Tells me you have a wiring issue not a tune issue.
Have you tried running a different OS?

HellKnightHicks
November 10th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Any recent swap on my home forum seems to have resulted in this issue.

I did the swap on another truck some time ago and had no issues what so ever...

Even used the PCM from it on my successful swap and the issue was the same.

Wiring is not the issue I've checked it several times and we are currently looking at other wiring files to see if there are any issue there.

No have not tried a different OS. Would you be able to help me with that?

5.7ute
November 10th, 2015, 05:38 PM
I am not up to date with what OS can be used on what, Sorry.
Have you noid lighted the coil and injector circuits to see what side is faulting? (or both)

joecar
November 11th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Also check the terminals in the coil and injector plugs... you may have to remove each one and inspect it, verify that it makes contact with its mating terminal pin.

joecar
November 11th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Can you try this experiments:
- take PCM from truck with dead hole and run it in known good truck (without reflashing).

spastik monkey
March 30th, 2016, 06:15 PM
i'm dealing with a misfire on mine. Not sure i have a solid base tune though.

Chaz
May 18th, 2017, 07:04 AM
You ever figure it out??? have the same issue on my 98 with a marine intake and manual tranny with a 411 tuned be pcm for less. I can manually fire all the injectors just fine through a injector balance test through a snap on modis diagnostic but injector one wont fire while its running. Weird thing is when i have it on a noid light injector one will get a couple pulses when i first start it but then nothing.

joecar
May 19th, 2017, 03:35 AM
Check engine ground connections (in particular cylinder head ground).

Chaz
May 19th, 2017, 03:44 AM
I actually had to fix that ground because it gave me issues when i swapped the intake and 411 in. Grounded good now but ive even tried directly grounding all the ground wires from the pcm to the battery with a test wire to eliminate any possibility of issues in wiring harness... no difference