PDA

View Full Version : fail to read korean gm l4 engines

JKK
November 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM
tried several cars, spark 2013 1.2 , sail 2014 1.4 , sail 2014 1.6... impossible to my read this ecus , they don´t even read fault codes or let the v2 clear codes!!!
i have to try my cable in a camaro, just to be sure that it´s ok

the ecu in this cars, look a lot like a cruze non turbo 1.8 ecu, single connector at top end.

have anyone work on one of these korean cars??

is there any way to id the ecm? it´s blind-bolted and i can´t find any external reference or number except for the delphi logo

i appreciate any guide or help... the sail,spark,sonic and aveo are very popular cars here in colombia... and i´m the only dyno shop tuner in the area that works with efi live... want to open my market,

thanks in advance
Juan

JKK
November 12th, 2015, 04:37 PM

this is a sail one.... they all look the same

GMPX
November 12th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Hi Juan, well I've never seen one of those before. I just checked GM service and it appears there is no CAN bus on that ECM so we won't be able to help I'm afraid.
The GM service website calls it 'Engine Control Module (CT14 MT E60.1)' if that helps with your quest to find more info.

EDIT:
I thought this was it but I don't think so.
http://www.delphi.com/manufacturers/auto/powertrain/gas/ecm/mt60

JKK
November 12th, 2015, 05:45 PM
i found the same link at delphi site... is just like that.... thanks a lot for your help

JKK
November 12th, 2015, 05:59 PM
tomorrow i´m gonna check the obd conector to confirm the "no can" diagnosis!!! still can´t believe that a 2014 car don´t have can network!

JKK
November 13th, 2015, 09:22 AM
you´re right no can protocol here, the obd connector is populated @ pin # 4,5,7,12,13,16 :wtf1:

GMPX
November 15th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Must be some Korean specific system, it does seem very odd that for that late of a year model they wouldn't have just changed to CAN like the rest of the world.