PDA

View Full Version : Novemeber 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Blacky
November 17th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_288.htm)

IMPORTANT
The Auto-Lock implementation for E39, E92 and E98 controllers requires that tuners and customers upgrade their AutoCal and FlashScan firmware to V2.07.86 or later. The upgrade is required to prevent *.ctz and *.coz tune files created using this pre-release (or later) from being used with older software or firmware.

Tuners: If you update your software and firmware and attempt to deliver new tune files to your customers, then your customers must also update to the following versions (or later):

[*=1]V7.5 Software: V7.5.7, Build 288
[*=1]V8 Software: V8.2.2, Build 281

or they will not be able to flash those new tune files. Existing/old tune files will continue to work normally with the new software.

Existing tune files will continue to work normally with the new software.

Known Issues
Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As new issues are verified they will be posted in the Known Issues (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26119-Known-issues-with-the-Novemeber-2015-Public-Pre-Release) thread.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 297
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 288
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.93 (Nov 14, 2015)
To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

GMC-2002-Dmax
November 18th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Paul did you get my email and trace files I sent yesterday ?

Thank You !

Blacky
November 18th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Paul did you get my email and trace files I sent yesterday ?

Thank You !

Yes.
Regards
Paul

Chuck CoW
November 18th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Very cool stuff. Thank you!

Big on my request list is T87 OS# 24278443 and the E92 Commanded fuel DMA pids.

The T87 OS keeps us current with 2016 Cars and Trucks and NOT having the E92 DMA fuel pids

makes building MAF and VE tables tons of extra work without the ability to use calculated BEN factor pids

for accurate changes....

Kinda like today.... Tuning a Dodge Charger with HPT and using EFI LIVE to datalog serial wideband and then

making my fuel changes across 2 totally different tuning platforms..... (anyone have the cute little smiley icon

that projectile Vomits the green gook - to insert here???) :Throwup:Thanks Guy!:Throwup:

The new feature and bug fixes are MOST APPRECIATED!:grin:
Chuck CoW

Trippin
November 18th, 2015, 01:08 PM
This one?
:Throwup:

Highlander
November 20th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Very cool stuff. Thank you!

Big on my request list is T87 OS# 24278443 and the E92 Commanded fuel DMA pids.

The T87 OS keeps us current with 2016 Cars and Trucks and NOT having the E92 DMA fuel pids

makes building MAF and VE tables tons of extra work without the ability to use calculated BEN factor pids

for accurate changes....

Kinda like today.... Tuning a Dodge Charger with HPT and using EFI LIVE to datalog serial wideband and then

making my fuel changes across 2 totally different tuning platforms..... (anyone have the cute little smiley icon

that projectile Vomits the green gook - to insert here???)

The new feature and bug fixes are MOST APPRECIATED!:grin:
Chuck CoW
You can easily create custom PIDs for the missing DMAs.
g/Cyl
Commanded AFR

The good ones to add are the torque pid like the driver demand torque.

Chuck CoW
November 20th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Interesting, what do you mean. Ross says they are a headache to dig out... How do you just create a pid for commended afr?

Thanks
Chuck CoW

GMPX
November 22nd, 2015, 08:10 AM
You can easily create custom PIDs for the missing DMAs.
Really?

Chuck CoW
November 23rd, 2015, 04:57 PM
Really?

Hey Ross!! You holding out on us????

Pretending it's soooooo difficult??? :chair:

BTW, I tried a 2014 V6 camaro (E39A ??) and the DMA pid for commanded fuel was there, but not valid.

Not sure how many there are per controller, but the commanded fuel pids would be the most important on

my list cause without them the tuning gets messy and time consuming.....

Chuck CoW

Highlander
November 23rd, 2015, 04:58 PM
Its so easy to log sae.lambda.

Makes the dma pids not needed.

joecar
November 24th, 2015, 08:01 AM
I think he's ^ talking about the AFRATIO_DMA pids for E38, E67, E39, E92, etc.

Highlander
November 24th, 2015, 08:06 AM
I know what he is talking about. I am saying he doesnt need them. The only exception might be(might!) if you are using e85.

Otherwise a simple calc pid of sae.lambda*14.68 will suffice.

Even on e92.

Even on e85 its better to use lambda and not anything else.

dma for afr are honestly a waste of time. There are other more important pids that we need. But i am sure everyone already knew all this.

GMPX
November 24th, 2015, 09:21 AM
^^ This seems like a very good solution as every GM ECM supports the sae.lambda PID without waiting for us do to the DMA PID's (note: I call them DAM PID's).

Highlander
November 24th, 2015, 09:27 AM
That pid is supported since ls1b. Ls1b is called eqivratio

this is why i said. Really?????

finding those dma pids are sure a freaking pain in the a$$

joecar
November 24th, 2015, 09:28 AM
+1

I prefer using SAE.LAMBDA over the other pids, I don't even convert to AFR at all, since WB is reporting in Lambda also, I just compare measured/commanded regardless of fuel alcohol content.

Chuck CoW
November 25th, 2015, 11:15 AM
+1

I prefer using SAE.LAMBDA over the other pids, I don't even convert to AFR at all, since WB is reporting in Lambda also, I just compare measured/commanded regardless of fuel alcohol content.

Hey Joe.

I don't see it in E92. I do see EQ_RAT is that correct for E92? Lambda or AFR would work best.

Thank you.
Chuck

Highlander
November 25th, 2015, 07:31 PM
E92 has SAE.LAMBDA

joecar
November 26th, 2015, 12:57 PM
I looked at a few 2015 E92 logs and they have SAE.LAMBDA.