PDA

View Full Version : E38/T43 4wdlo signal, revisited

nmarkiw
November 18th, 2015, 12:51 PM
All,

I retrofit Land Rovers with LS conversions. GenIV engine/6L80e trans/LT230 transfer case. (E38/T43) I have been slowing adding features to the conversion. Recently started building custom plug-n-play wiring harnesses for these applications. I currently have the E38/T43/BCM integrated. The last step is the 4wd low signal. My investigations have determined the 4wd low signal on the E38 ECM (X1, pin 2) is only functional if the vehicle came with a manual transfer case. No TCCM. This functionality seems to be compiled into the OS version or segment. EfiLive guys correct me here if I am wrong.

I verified this with my 2007 GMT900 Silverado with a floor shift transfer case. So, I am after either an E38 OS or VIN number from a Silverado/Sierra, 2011+, 4wd, w/manual transfer case (floor shift). 4.8L/5.3L/6.0L/6.2L With a VIN, I can get the OS from SPS.

Any help here is appreciated.

BBtech
December 16th, 2016, 04:26 AM
Has this option of using a manual transfer case OS or even just that segment been used to breach this obstacle yet?

nmarkiw
December 16th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Yes, I verified functionality with and OS for a floor mounted transfer case shifter. Ground the signal for low range.

LastCall
December 16th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Is the BCM required to make this work?

nmarkiw
December 19th, 2016, 07:16 AM
No, use pin 2 on connector X1 of the E38.

BBtech
December 19th, 2016, 07:41 AM

Sorry for the lack of clarity, can one just use the segment with the Manual TC or would one need to use the entire OS?
Reason I am asking is I will have the BCM but not the TCCM, I will be using an OE Cluster however.
Thanks

nmarkiw
December 19th, 2016, 07:53 AM
BBtech,
As far as I know, you have to change OS. My understanding is this function is compiled into the OS. The BCM will still work with this new OS.
Someone else will have to chime in regarding if just a segment change is possible. There is no switch to enable this.

BBtech
December 19th, 2016, 07:55 AM
BBtech,
As far as I know, you have to change OS. My understanding is this function is compiled into the OS. The BCM will still work with this new OS.
Someone else will have to chime in regarding if just a segment change is possible. There is no switch to enable this.

Thanks, That's a big hurtle cleared if I can locate an OS for Manual TC.
Now on to the other dozen issues to deal with.

LastCall
December 19th, 2016, 06:03 PM

Thank you sir!

So a Manual TCM OS and X1 pin 2 is the ticket. Cool.

theshop_steven
January 1st, 2018, 03:03 AM
Thank you sir!

So a Manual TCM OS and X1 pin 2 is the ticket. Cool.

did the OS swap work for you? Im pretty new to this. how did you figure out which OS to use? Thanks

LastCall
January 8th, 2018, 05:41 PM
did the OS swap work for you? Im pretty new to this. how did you figure out which OS to use? Thanks

I never got around to trying it.

joecar
January 11th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Hey Jason, I got a new phone (aka: my old phone died and I lost all my contacts)... please send me a text so I can add you.