PDA

View Full Version : LTG 2014 Malibu no full boost 1st and 2nd E39A Hptuners

Nastruck
November 22nd, 2015, 02:52 AM
I'm originally from hptuners but didn't find much help from tech support or researching there.

Someone on here Boost: Had the same problem but didn't reveal the fix for it. https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23580-THROTTLE-BODY-IS-CLOSING-E39A-Buick-Verano-T(urbo)&highlight= I'm wondering if hptuners is missing a table or someone steer me in the right track if they don't truly want to reveal the secret. But here's my problem for the most part.

Just started toying with my buddies car and still haven't quite understood the boost control setup. Found an ATS tune running 22psi and copied the boost setup from one tune to the other. itll hold 22-23psi from 3rd gear up to 130mph but it doesn't hit full boost in first or 2nd? My assumption is maybe something in traction control but I turned most of it off.

I thought by raising the wastegate duty cycle would increase boost, but ats tune had lower duty cycles saved. Not exactly sure which table made the change and where to focus at. Car use to spike 18psi then fall off to 11psi and spike again between gears. Now have 22psi through rpm range in each gear but 1st and 2nd.

even took it to the drag strip. Every pull you see first and second peak around 18 and drop down to 16ish then 3rd gear hits hard with 22psi and holds around there all the way through. Went from stock tune 15.74@94.98mph to 14.33@97mph. I've tried removing every bit of reducing torque management or entirely removing it that I understood how but still no full boost 1st and 2nd. Boost tables doesn't show to be by gear like the Cobalts and Solstice has. I'm still not 100% sure I'm adjusting boost right but compared to another ATS tune I manage to get it to hold 22psi. So I'm not sure if there's a table missing or I just don't understand where I should be looking

Nastruck
November 27th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately friend traded it in on a 2012 grand sport. Never got to figure out the fix and really see what it was capable of. But somebody is gonna end up buying it and not realize they are getting a mean family car