PDA

View Full Version : Spark Boost retard table

hpcubed
May 19th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I just want to clarify. It states in the documentation that the boost timing table is subtracted from the values of the final timing. Is the base timing (of the final timing) taken from the 105 kpa row of the standard tables?

GMPX
May 19th, 2006, 11:28 AM
It will subtract the value you enter from the final spark number (from your main spark tables and modifiers), all dependent on the boost level.

Cheers,
Ross

hpcubed
May 19th, 2006, 03:06 PM
It will subtract the value you enter from the final spark number (from your main spark tables and modifiers), all dependent on the boost level.

Cheers,
Ross

This is not clear.

I am sorry, I was not thinking correctly, spark is a function of airflow. Duh. Is it possible to exceed the max airflow in the tables?

GMPX
May 19th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Yes, but not easily, however, in reality, I am not sure that having a great big 3D spark map in boost would be ideal anyway, the 2D system might seem crude but it does do the job fine.

Cheers,
Ross

hpcubed
May 24th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I agree with you. Now that I think about it it makes good sense to have it set up this way. Rather than having it command a fixed spark for a fixed boost level. May be a bit harder to initially tune since there are more variables but ultimately giving more control.