PDA

View Full Version : 2009 6.7 Going Into Limp Mode When Going Into Elevation

mikes06
December 2nd, 2015, 07:33 PM
Very mild CSP5 tune is in this truck. Stock turbo vain position tables, max timing of 26* at 3200 rpm, practically stock fuel pressure tables just slightly blended but max is still 180mPa. Truck runs great but when I take it to 6000ft+ it starts throwing high fuel pressure, low fuel pressure and the overhead take to dealer message. I have no idea why... #1 position on my switch is 100% stock and it did this on that setting. Any help would advice would be great thank you...

SASDakota
December 3rd, 2015, 04:20 AM
Can you post the tune file?

S Phinney
December 4th, 2015, 05:58 AM
I would look into the main tuning (internal flash). That sets the rules to play by and the CSP tunes provides tune data. I would almost bet it's in there you will find the problem.

Road
December 4th, 2015, 06:16 AM
If it's doing the limp mode on the stock tune then most likely not tune related.

S Phinney
December 4th, 2015, 12:50 PM
He says it is elevation related so either he has modified some main tables that effect the stock tune or he gas a sensor probably barometric sensor malfunctioning.

mikes06
December 6th, 2015, 01:58 PM
The owner misinformed me and said it was only when the truck ascended into high elevation when in fact it would do it periodically at or around sea level as well... Changed the Overhead timer to 0.00 and problem appears to be gone.

SASDakota
December 8th, 2015, 10:36 AM
It was likely while the truck was in a steady speed state then.