PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up wide band to log.

LSXRacer
December 3rd, 2015, 08:57 AM
Hi All, I'm trying to set up my v2 to log ngk afr . I can't find any type of tutorial that shows how to set up a custom ad input. I also need to find out how to make histograms to log ve-afr error. Please help or help me load the bullets I'm getting frustrated. thanks.

joecar
December 3rd, 2015, 10:16 AM
Install V7 and V8 from here: Novemeber-2015-EFILive-Public-Stable-Release (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26143-Novemeber-2015-EFILive-Public-Stable-Release)

and then update the V2 firmware.

joecar
December 3rd, 2015, 10:21 AM
PLX's analog output:
- connect PLX analog signal and ground to FSV2 AD1+ and AD1- respectively;
- in V7 scantool select pid EXT.AD1 and CALC.AFR_PLX1 to log.

PLX serial comms output (if you have it wire up for this):
- connect PLX serial comms in null modem style (Rx/Tx crossed) to FSV2 RJ12 jack;
- in V7 scantool select pids EXT.WO2LAM1, EXT.WO2AFR1, EXT.WO2EQR1, EXT.WO2ST1 to log.

joecar
December 3rd, 2015, 10:23 AM
To see how to make maps ("histograms") see the V7 user manual pdf...

and also read post #1 of this thread (it shows how to make maps): Calc.VET (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))

joecar
December 3rd, 2015, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I meant: see post #1 of this thread: CALC-VET-Summary-Notes

(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16280-CALC-VET-Summary-Notes)

LSXRacer
December 3rd, 2015, 10:27 AM
I'm using the NGK which is analog. I'm able to read afr now. the other pids you said to monitor do not show up in the analog section. From here how do i set up those remaining pids? How do I create histograms to log ve-afr error? I do have the latest software and firmware updates installed. thanks.

joecar
December 3rd, 2015, 10:28 AM
Basically:

goto (say) VE table B0101, and rightclick in upper left corner and do copy-with-labels...

then goto scantool map, and in the map's properties, on each of Row and Col tabs click Paste Labels.

LSXRacer
December 3rd, 2015, 10:47 AM
Ok, I'll read up on this tonight and let you know how i make out. thanks.

joecar
December 3rd, 2015, 01:08 PM
I'm using the NGK which is analog. I'm able to read afr now. the other pids you said to monitor do not show up in the analog section. From here how do i set up those remaining pids? How do I create histograms to log ve-afr error? I do have the latest software and firmware updates installed. thanks.Sorry, I was looking at someone else's PLX questions...

yes, hook up same as I said for PLX analog above, but the pid would be CALC.AFR_NGK1.

joecar
December 3rd, 2015, 01:10 PM
I'm using the NGK which is analog. I'm able to read afr now. the other pids you said to monitor do not show up in the analog section. From here how do i set up those remaining pids?
Post a screenshot of the scantool Data tab.

How do I create histograms to log ve-afr error? I do have the latest software and firmware updates installed. thanks.See this:

2. Creating Maps
http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/Interactive/How to Create a Map.htm (http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/Interactive/How%20to%20Create%20a%20Map.htm)
Please also do this: on each of the Data, Row, Col tabs checkmark Show Units.

LSXRacer
December 4th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Ok, I have set up a BEN_NGK1 table. It does not show any values when scanning. I have all the pids shown in the auto ve tutorial in my pid list and they are showing correct data while scanning. I copied the row and column data from my ve table to map properties. Not sure what I'm missing. I'm trying to make the switch from 'hp 'tuners to efi live. thanks.

LSXRacer
December 4th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I am using a cos3 with 2 bar map. I just copied the rpm and fuel axis' from the main ve table to my new map. is this correct?

joecar
December 6th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Ok, I have set up a BEN_NGK1 table. It does not show any values when scanning. I have all the pids shown in the auto ve tutorial in my pid list and they are showing correct data while scanning. I copied the row and column data from my ve table to map properties. Not sure what I'm missing. I'm trying to make the switch from 'hp 'tuners to efi live. thanks.Post a screenshot here (do SHIFT-PRTSCR and paste into a .png or .jpg file)...

click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments.

Post your log file here.

joecar
December 6th, 2015, 06:02 AM
I am using a cos3 with 2 bar map. I just copied the rpm and fuel axis' from the main ve table to my new map. is this correct?

Yes, correct...

you did it for the Main VE table, and you also have to do it for the Boost VE table (make a separate map for that).

LSXRacer
December 6th, 2015, 09:28 AM
What would you like a screen shot of?

joecar
December 6th, 2015, 11:54 AM
What would you like a screen shot of?

This:

Ok, I have set up a BEN_NGK1 table. It does not show any values when scanning. I have all the pids shown in the auto ve tutorial in my pid list and they are showing correct data while scanning. I copied the row and column data from my ve table to map properties. Not sure what I'm missing. I'm trying to make the switch from 'hp 'tuners to efi live. thanks.

LSXRacer
December 7th, 2015, 03:38 AM
ok, here is the log file. I can not seem to figure out how to capture a screen shot.(using win7). thanks.

joecar
December 7th, 2015, 06:05 AM
See post #10 here: Hosting-an-Image (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image)

joecar
December 7th, 2015, 06:09 AM
On the Maps tab, if you unclick the button "Hide Cells with Low Count" you will see various cells populate...

( also click x-bar to see the values of the BEN pid )

joecar
December 7th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Also, in scantool, on PIDs tab in make sure MAP has kPa as default units (if it does not, then on it go rightclick->Metric).

LSXRacer
December 7th, 2015, 07:27 AM
No matter what i do I cant shrink an image or save it. I have hide low cells unclicked. I am monitoring map in kpa. I'm lost.

LSXRacer
December 7th, 2015, 08:30 AM
I've tried everything and can not get data to log on the map. Been on the dyno since friday. Very frustrated any other guidance would be great. thanks.

LSXRacer
December 7th, 2015, 10:22 AM
also cant get the scan to replay over top of the ve table.

joecar
December 7th, 2015, 12:03 PM
also cant get the scan to replay over top of the ve table.In tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Scanner

and checkmark these:
- Highlight Scantool selection in Tunetool maps.
- Runway Highlighing.

joecar
December 7th, 2015, 12:09 PM
This is the map I see when I view your log file (I had to set the empty cell threshold to 10):

joecar
December 7th, 2015, 12:10 PM
If you could post a screenshot, I can see what is going on...

joecar
December 7th, 2015, 12:12 PM
pm me your phone number.

LSXRacer
December 7th, 2015, 01:01 PM
I think I got this to post

LSXRacer
December 7th, 2015, 01:02 PM
pm sent

joecar
December 7th, 2015, 01:14 PM
I think I got this to postOk, now post a screenshot of the scantool Data [F9] tab...

LSXRacer
December 7th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Ok,

LSXRacer
December 8th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Hi Joe, playing with fuel psi set up now. here are pics of my set up. ignore the ngk pic. There are no units showing up in the fuel pressure pid. not sure why. thanks.

joecar
December 8th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Hi Joe, playing with fuel psi set up now. here are pics of my set up. ignore the ngk pic. There are no units showing up in the fuel pressure pid. not sure why. thanks.Ok, close...

The string "*CLC-00-001" has to be on a line by itself, for example:

*CLC-00-001
psi 0.0 100.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}*25-12.5"

Then you also need units, they go at the start of the next line.

Then, those same units (exact same spelling/case) are used in the RPN section:

CALC.FP F001 CLC-00-001 psi Fuel "Fuel Pressure"

joecar
December 8th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Then, not documented, you should leave at least 2 blank lines at the end of the file, otherwise the scantool does not correctly display the description string.

LSXRacer
December 8th, 2015, 11:08 AM
thanks Joe. everything is working now. thanks again for all the help.

smithers
May 5th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Hi JoeCar,

Lets say I follow this, which makes sense to me:
PLX's analog output:
- in V7 scantool select pid EXT.AD1 and CALC.AFR_PLX1 to log.

How do I PLOT AFR ERROR in any MAP(table)? E.g. I set up a map table that has a column of Air Flow Rate from mass Air Flow Sensor and ROW of MAFFREQ2. So for Data.....what do I select?
if I select WideBand AFR 1 - PLX (AFR)... I plot the wideband AFR correct?

Thanks in advance.

joecar
May 5th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Hi JoeCar,

Lets say I follow this, which makes sense to me:
PLX's analog output:
- in V7 scantool select pid EXT.AD1 and CALC.AFR_PLX1 to log.Correct.

And if you have an E38 you would also select pids E38.AFRATIO_DMA and CALC.BEN_PLX1_E38.

How do I PLOT AFR ERROR in any MAP(table)? E.g. I set up a map table that has a column of Air Flow Rate from mass Air Flow Sensor and ROW of MAFFREQ2. So for Data.....what do I select?
To see how to create a map, see this:
How%20to%20Create%20a%20Map.htm (http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/Interactive/How%20to%20Create%20a%20Map.htm)

basically:
- you goto the tunetool table (B0101 or B5001) and highlight the whole table, and do rightclick->Copy-with-Labels;
- you then goto the scantool map properties, and under the Row and Column tabs you do Paste Labels;
- then on the Row and Column tabs you select the pids for the table axis's;
- then on the Data tab you select the BEN pid.

if I select WideBand AFR 1 - PLX (AFR)... I plot the wideband AFR correct?

Thanks in advance.You don't need to plot wideband AFR... you want to plot the BEN pid.