PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with the December 2015 Public Stable-Release

Blacky
December 11th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the December 2015 Public Stable-Release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Download the public stable-release here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26174-December-2015-EFILive-Public-Stable-Release

Public pre-release software versions:

Software: V7.5.7.299
Software: V8.2.2.290
FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.95

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

dieselmd
December 12th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Seems that T43 os 24256125 is missing the adaptive volume and pressure presets. Trying to tune one now and don't have access to them. Also can not change os in t43 anymore apparently.

Tre-Cool
December 14th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Seems that T43 os 24256125 is missing the adaptive volume and pressure presets. Trying to tune one now and don't have access to them. Also can not change os in t43 anymore apparently.

I would appreciate these ones too myself. This is the 2011 model year. noticed they are mapped in the 2013 ones though.

To give efilive a financial incentive i purchased the t43 stream :-)

dieselmd
December 14th, 2015, 09:28 AM
That os had these tables previously. Last update is when they disappeared.

cindy@efilive
December 14th, 2015, 10:07 AM
That os had these tables previously. Last update is when they disappeared.

What software did you update from? I've reinstalled a range of software releases between March and December and all calz files have the same generation date.

Cheers
Cindy

dieselmd
December 14th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I'm not 100% sure Cindy. I would think it was a pre release from mid year'ish. Looks like last one I did with this os was around the end of October and I had the tables then.

Chuck CoW
December 14th, 2015, 04:32 PM
I see the 2016 T87 OS I've been waiting for...... VERY HAPPY NOW!!!! :rotflmao:

Thank you!
Chuck CoW

GMPX
December 15th, 2015, 10:49 AM
I just checked and I don't think that OS ever had those preset tables in there. Same applies for all OS's after this one (essentially 2011+), GM changed the strategy (going off memory here) and we never figured it out.
Changing OS's must be done via V8, I don't think V7.5 could ever Full Flash the T43.
We will take at look at those tables again but it probably won't be until next year.

dieselmd
December 15th, 2015, 02:14 PM
They were definitely there. I tuned one with that os just a couple months back that had to have those tables. All the other os', even newer ones, have them as well.

I have tried to full flash in v8 and it tells me that there is an os mismatch. Never used to do that before.

GMC-2002-Dmax
December 17th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Hello Paul,

I know I mentioned this in the past that Windows no matter what always wants to go online and look for a new Updated Driver every time I plug in a different Autocal for linking, etc.

I got a new shipment in and using this new release it seems one out of every three will cause a rebooting failure, the progress bar just stops and hangs there and will not complete rebooting onscreen.

If I close Control Panel and Close either Explorer or V8 Scan and Tune if its open it kills the rebooting hang.

Anything I can try to resolve the issue ?

Thanks

Tre-Cool
December 18th, 2015, 04:04 AM
I just checked and I don't think that OS ever had those preset tables in there. Same applies for all OS's after this one (essentially 2011+), GM changed the strategy (going off memory here) and we never figured it out.
Changing OS's must be done via V8, I don't think V7.5 could ever Full Flash the T43.
We will take at look at those tables again but it probably won't be until next year.

I'm you you on this one. I dont think that os has ever had them mapped.

Im ok now. i just changed what i needed with hpt and use it as base for future vehicles with the same trans os.

Chuck CoW
December 22nd, 2015, 06:39 PM
Hello Paul,

I know I mentioned this in the past that Windows no matter what always wants to go online and look for a new Updated Driver every time I plug in a different Autocal for linking, etc.

I got a new shipment in and using this new release it seems one out of every three will cause a rebooting failure, the progress bar just stops and hangs there and will not complete rebooting onscreen.

If I close Control Panel and Close either Explorer or V8 Scan and Tune if its open it kills the rebooting hang.

Anything I can try to resolve the issue ?

Thanks

Same here. Seems even worse with the latest update.

Also, seems like BBX quick setup is NOT changing the autocal.

Chuck CoW

joecar
December 24th, 2015, 02:30 AM
When I open GenIV tables in the tunetool I get a lot of these popups again:

---------------------------
EFILive Tune - Digital tools for onboard vehicle electronics
System Error. Code: 1400.

Invalid window handle.
OK

Chuck CoW
December 26th, 2015, 11:17 AM
When I open GenIV tables in the tunetool I get a lot of these popups again:

EFILive Tune - Digital tools for onboard vehicle electronics
System Error. Code: 1400.

Invalid window handle.
OK

Yes, me too.

Chuck CoW

swingtan
January 2nd, 2016, 12:59 PM
just been looking at the E39A SIDI calibrations and there seems to be a miscalculation in the camshaft phasing tables. The values in the tables under Engine Operation > Camshaft Phasing > Intake Cam/s, and Exhaust Cam/s seems to be exactly half what the log tool actually reports. See this example for the exhaust cam timing....

Simon.

Sorry, meant to add....

OS ID: GA
BCC: ABSL

Cal: 12654753.calz V7.20 June 18th, 2015

GMPX
January 3rd, 2016, 11:09 AM
Hi Simon, yes that issue was identified a while ago but I thought it was all fixed, I think we will just need to regenerate all E39 .calz files to make sure the changes are in all OS's.

swingtan
January 3rd, 2016, 11:37 AM
Thanks muchly!

cindy@efilive
February 22nd, 2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks muchly!

I've emailed you new calz files for the cam phasing issue. Can you please let us know how you go.

Cheers
Cindy

RiceCop
March 20th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Issue with E39A 12668443, missing DTC section under Engine Diagnostics