PDA

View Full Version : Bosch getting sued over VW diesel scandal

turbo_bu
December 16th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Happened to run across this link:

http://www.dieselprogress.com/December-2015/Bosch-Sued-In-Federal-Court-Over-VW-Role

and we all know how much we love the Bosch ECM's :)

joecar
December 16th, 2015, 05:25 AM
And the mud starts getting slung... :rotflmao:

KhakiCummins
December 16th, 2015, 05:48 AM
And people don't understand why EFILive doesn't provide the DTCs for newer diesel vehicles in their software.....

Move'n Up
December 16th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Lawyers are a big part of the downfall of this country.

GMPX
December 16th, 2015, 10:12 AM
This is no different to someone suing Kraft because they had a reaction to peanuts even when the label says 'may contain nuts', Bosch told them not to use it in production vehicles! So did Bosch risk not putting that VW specific request in their software and loose the supply contract to another ECM manufacturer who was willing to (any Chinese ECM suppliers out there?). We don't know how the trick worked, was it a simple yes/no toggle where they could turn it on or off and VW 'forgot' to disable it?

Move'n Up, you are dead right.

KhakiCummins
December 16th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Lawyers are a big part of the downfall of this country.

And our legal system allows it to happen. :ranting:

Chevy366
December 16th, 2015, 12:42 PM
41 percent of the American Congress are lawyers, might be the problem.
Personally I thought VW did a solid for the consumers, better mileage, more power and passed the emissions test every time. :grin:
Story goes the ECU sensed an emission test and lowered necessary parameter to pass the test.

The EPA is a farce and continues to make cars more expensive than they need to be.

Seems there were more suppliers involved too. http://www.wsj.com/articles/auto-parts-makers-hit-by-vw-scandal-1443395198

Road
December 18th, 2015, 03:21 AM
I was talking with a friend of mine last night who is a judge in Hunt county (Texas). He told me that "Hunt county" has filed a law suit against VW stating they are polluting Hunt county when a VW drives through their county. And other counties are filing suits too. Now here is the funny part: Hunt county is a non emission testing county and has some of the piss poor worst running vehicle's in the USA and people have always used Hunt county to register their Vehicle when it want pass emission's. So who should be suing who? It's a sue happy world out there!

Mike