PDA

View Full Version : LML Cruise control intermittant after flashing

shane
December 20th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Hi Guys,
Have just flashed an 11 lml with a tune , tunes great but now, the cruise cuts out intermittently
and most time it cuts out you can hear the abs pump cycle. Initially ( cold this morning) it
actually flashed the stability control yellow warning light at the same time for a second.
After that I did a full yaw sensor relearn etc and now its not flashing the light but you can see on
the scan tool it cycles the abs pump as it kicks out of cruise. have checked all the sensor outputs
on the scan tool making sure nothing is turning it off, wheel speeds are all the same , but it still does it , mostly just once within two
minutes of startup then seems to work fine after that. Any ideas?

Dmaxink
December 21st, 2015, 09:40 AM
Post the tune and post your vin... I'll look it over for ya if you want. You can post stock file you used-not necessarily tune file.

shane
December 21st, 2015, 02:46 PM
So apparently the original tune I used (third party supplied) was incorrect, the correct tune has now been supplied but the symptoms remain, erratic activation of the esc .causing the cruise to cut out abs to apply (mostly left side from the logs ) . the vin is 1GC2KYC82BZ200332 and they have used a 1254094 file. ( wouldn't mind a copy of a stock one if some one has it). I'm wondering if when updated to the 4094 software the esc software hasn't got left behind? open to ideas.....

Dmaxink
December 21st, 2015, 03:09 PM
So apparently the original tune I used (third party supplied) was incorrect, the correct tune has now been supplied but the symptoms remain, erratic activation of the esc .causing the cruise to cut out abs to apply (mostly left side from the logs ) . the vin is 1GC2KYC82BZ200332 and they have used a 1254094 file. ( wouldn't mind a copy of a stock one if some one has it). I'm wondering if when updated to the 4094 software the esc software hasn't got left behind? open to ideas.....

Who were the tunes from originally?

shane
December 21st, 2015, 05:58 PM
PPEI supplied the tune. is it possible to swap an ECU from a known good truck of the same model , or are they vin number locked to the bcm? so how would I unlock it?
It may not be the tune , although that's all we have done to this truck. swapping ECUs would prove it once and for all , ive wasted two full days on this now grrrr

Dmaxink
December 22nd, 2015, 01:33 AM
PPEI supplied the tune. is it possible to swap an ECU from a known good truck of the same model , or are they vin number locked to the bcm? so how would I unlock it?
It may not be the tune , although that's all we have done to this truck. swapping ECUs would prove it once and for all , ive wasted two full days on this now grrrr

I own PPEI, I'm sure we sent the right one.

If you modified any parameters in the speed limit section def/Dpf speed limits, put those back stock.

DURAtotheMAX
December 22nd, 2015, 02:30 AM
Log steering angle (degrees) vs. yaw rate (deg/sec) vs. lateral acceleration (g/sec) with a Tech 2. (or MDI or whatever, EFILive wont access the ABS module)

Drive in a straight line and note when you get an ESC event, the scan tool should say "VSES active", see if any of the above parameters go wonky for a second while driving in a straight line.

I really cant see the wrong ECM calibration causing inadvertent/erratic ESC events. I think you might have a problem with the steering wheel position sensor and/or yaw-lat sensor. Ive heard of some LML's having issues with the SWPS when cold

S Phinney
December 22nd, 2015, 03:09 AM
I own PPEI, I'm sure we sent the right one.

If you modified any parameters in the speed limit section def/Dpf speed limits, put those back stock.
That's what I'm thinking as well.

Dmaxink
December 22nd, 2015, 03:15 AM
For that vin... you should have speedo/system segment 5023/5005.... If thats what you have- then the issue will not be in the base file, but rather the tuning you did within the base file.