PDA

View Full Version : EFI Live Explorer (Not Responding)

Ghostman
December 25th, 2015, 02:30 AM
Well I had used the explorer yesterday to load the csp5 tune to the V2. Also setup my bbx to log. Everything was succesfull with the truck. Then I came in and pulled the log file off the V2 using Explorer and viewed it and made some changes to the tune. Now when I go to open Explorer it won't work. It opens up and then the little blue circle just spins and it will not doing anything like its stuck and will say on top bar (not responding). I have tried multiple different times opening it different ways. I re-installed it and the same thing happens. I deleted the scans and tunes off the V2 and same thing. Any help?

Ghostman
December 25th, 2015, 05:46 AM
Ok well I got it to work again. I had created a folder on my desktop to put my scans(logs) in. So i deleted that folder and the log and then it started working. Now I gotta figure out why for some reason it didn't like that log sitting there in that folder on the desktop????

Ghostman
December 25th, 2015, 05:52 AM
So then it worked and then messed up again until I removed all the tunes onto a flash drive and off the desktop. Then it works again. Very weird here....

Ghostman
December 25th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Alright well I'm getting frustrated. Got it to work. Loaded my new tune off the flash drive. Went and drove the truck and logged and V2 acted properly. Then came to pull the logs off with the explorer and it wont pull them off. Says "not a efilive log file"....????? So I also made the mistake of trying to pull one off to the desktop, it didn't go onto the desktop but I guess it kind of did because now explorer is acting frozen again...... uhg. someone help please lol

joecar
December 25th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Post some screenshots so I can see what is happening...

tylerltr450
December 26th, 2015, 03:33 AM
Whats your computer specs?

Ghostman
December 26th, 2015, 03:47 AM
https://vimeo.com/150057589

Ghostman
December 26th, 2015, 03:48 AM
Computer is only about 6 months old or so. I posted a video.

Ghostman
December 26th, 2015, 04:45 AM
By the grace of God I got it to load a tune finally. I had to format V2 and completely wipe it. Then I searched and wiped any efi file on the laptop and deleted our of trash folder. Then opened the explorer in "compatibility mode" and it seems to work. I'm really starting to think the issue is this computer. I might just go buy a cheap one from the store to only use for efi live.

tylerltr450
December 26th, 2015, 04:51 AM
6 months old still can be a slow computer.What ram do you have in the computer, CPU, Harddrive. In the scanner are you put datalogs on the v2 or a sd card? Is the sd formatted correctly. What background tasks are running do you have no programs open before opening that. What v8 and v7 versions are you on?

Ghostman
December 26th, 2015, 05:04 AM
It's fairly decent computer. I can't really tell you all the numbers. It's technically my work computer. They spent a lot of money on it. I don't have a SD card in the V2 yet. I thought it had some internal memory? Should I go ahead and just get one and use it? Only background running would be google chrome and other efi live programs. I have the latest versions of all software and firmware. Downloaded straight from website and checked for updates.

Ghostman
December 26th, 2015, 05:17 AM
Ok so loaded tune. Flashed truck. Logged truck. Came back in and plugged it in. Explorer is not freezing but now when it try's to refresh or retrieve data it gives error $0101. No data received.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/26/6293beb0387a5e736f4d070e0f1b642e.jpg

tylerltr450
December 26th, 2015, 05:28 AM
It's fairly decent computer. I can't really tell you all the numbers. It's technically my work computer. They spent a lot of money on it. I don't have a SD card in the V2 yet. I thought it had some internal memory? Should I go ahead and just get one and use it? Only background running would be google chrome and other efi live programs. I have the latest versions of all software and firmware. Downloaded straight from website and checked for updates.

From your pic your posted above you have plenty running in the background, FYI google chrome is the worst browser for system memory and resource hog I have done extensive testing on computer systems and program usage. Seems like your v2 is not formatted correctly I would try again. FYI if its a work computer they may have firewalls turned on or antivirus which made explore not run correctly. I can run any efi live software on xp, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. Shouldn't need compatibility mode.

Try pluggign v2 into another usb port.

tylerltr450
December 26th, 2015, 05:32 AM
Error Codes

Ghostman
December 26th, 2015, 05:34 AM
Might have just figured it out. I was using the "best USB port" as our IT guy had told me. I switched to a different USB port and it's all working now.

tylerltr450
December 26th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Might have just figured it out. I was using the "best USB port" as our IT guy had told me. I switched to a different USB port and it's all working now.

Dont worry your IT guy here is better lol.
Probably said "BEST PORT" for usb 3.0 or 3.1 but does efi live support 3.0???

Ghostman
December 26th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Dont worry your IT guy here is better lol.
Probably said "BEST PORT" for usb 3.0 or 3.1 but does efi live support 3.0???

That's a good question lol. I'm going to get a SD card today and so far it's working. Geez the headaches I've had here haha. Working now so thanks very much everyone.

Also Tyler thx for sending me that 12v tune. I loaded it to compare with mine I built. Seems very conservative though on timing.

tylerltr450
December 26th, 2015, 07:35 AM
That's a good question lol. I'm going to get a SD card today and so far it's working. Geez the headaches I've had here haha. Working now so thanks very much everyone.

Also Tyler thx for sending me that 12v tune. I loaded it to compare with mine I built. Seems very conservative though on timing.

Your welcome,
That was my first tune I ever made haha, lets say I was a little shy on the timing. Now I build ones that are way better then that. Amazing how far you can come in a year.

Ghostman
December 26th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Hey if you don't mind send me an updated tune.

tylerltr450
December 28th, 2015, 01:01 AM
Never made another one lol.

Ghostman
December 28th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Never made another one lol.

Well shucks! Ok thx I'll keep messing around with this one till I get what I want.

tylerltr450
December 29th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Well shucks! Ok thx I'll keep messing around with this one till I get what I want.

Let me know what you come up with I like to see what other things people can make,

FYI I got to work and used my computer and it has only usb3.0 and usb3.1 ports and efi live explorer did not work properly. So for anyone having problems it seems that efi live does not work nicely with usb 3.0 ports.

Ghostman
December 29th, 2015, 03:27 AM
I have been using the "other port" on my machine and everything has been working fine. I would concur that it was a usb port problem.