PDA

View Full Version : Cts wont recognize my dsp5 tune OS

LOCKNER13
January 4th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Posted on duramax diesels as well.. I have searched and read and searched more to no avail on this so its time to ask the experts. I have an 01 truck and have dsp5 efi on it, my problem is no matter if its the 441 OS or the 6006 OS and no matter the vin (I have used an 01, 02, & 03) I always get a black screen on the cts when it powers up each time that looks like the photo attached. The 02 or 03 vin both let me see the pids on the cts but still wont let me switch tunes. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160105/d5fd777e4e131dc571060bed155f28d1.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to get this working. Thanks in advance!

Ben

GMPX
January 4th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Hi Ben, probably best to talk to Edge about your issue as the CTS is not an EFILive product and EFILive has made no changes to the DSP5 OS's since they were released many years ago.

LOCKNER13
January 5th, 2016, 03:18 AM
Hi Ben, probably best to talk to Edge about your issue as the CTS is not an EFILive product and EFILive has made no changes to the DSP5 OS's since they were released many years ago.
Yea im going to call em today. Just wondering if I was using the wrong os or something I was missing. Thanks!

KB3MMX
January 5th, 2016, 06:33 AM
You need to use a different OS.

This happens quite often with the CTS or CS on the early LB7s but is easily fixed.

IdahoRob
January 5th, 2016, 06:47 AM
You need to run a 2001 OS for the edge to work changing tunes on a 2001 truck. Those are 2002 OS you have listed. Use this OS and it'll work. 01887305

LOCKNER13
January 5th, 2016, 07:21 AM
Thanks rob, i was kinda thinkin that, but im still trying to learn all i can on efi. Btw, what would it cost me to have you build me a set of tunes for it?

THEFERMANATOR
January 5th, 2016, 10:15 AM
You need to run a 2001 OS for the edge to work changing tunes on a 2001 truck. Those are 2002 OS you have listed. Use this OS and it'll work. 01887305

Flashing back to this OS WILL corrupt his change engine oil timer in the ECM, and leave the change engine oil message on permanently. Once you go to an 02, you have to stay with an 02(it even says this in the EFILIVE tutorial). I know MANY have had problems with the 01 OS and the EDGE units, and the 441 with an 02 VIN normally works. Need to call EDGE and see what they have to say about it.

LOCKNER13
January 5th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Flashing back to this OS WILL corrupt his change engine oil timer in the ECM, and leave the change engine oil message on permanently. Once you go to an 02, you have to stay with an 02(it even says this in the EFILIVE tutorial). I know MANY have had problems with the 01 OS and the EDGE units, and the 441 with an 02 VIN normally works. Need to call EDGE and see what they have to say about it.
Glad you said that, i recall you mentioning that to someone else!

IdahoRob
January 5th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Sorry, I misread his post saying that he was already swapping 01,02,03 and assumed OS's. Glad it was corrected.

LOCKNER13
January 5th, 2016, 01:42 PM
I called edge and that guy was lost. Hahaha He told me that it should work and it wasn't an issue on there end to call efilive. I quickly realized he was about as helpful as a two year old tying to troubleshoot the issue. He pretty much put it all off on efi. He did say I should use an 03 or 04 OS only on it in order to use the edge with a dsp5 tune set.

cindy@efilive
January 5th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Not sure how Edge expect us to troubleshoot their hardware. I guess we could assist you if they listed what operating systems their product supports and what it does not support. Basic documentation on integration would also be helpful. But I guess if they did that you wouldn't be asking and they would have already helped you.

It's no wonder we never went down the path of approving the integration and extending year model support with customer service and after sales support like that!

Cheers
Cindy

LOCKNER13
January 5th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Not sure how Edge expect us to troubleshoot their hardware. I guess we could assist you if they listed what operating systems their product supports and what it does not support. Basic documentation on integration would also be helpful. But I guess if they did that you wouldn't be asking and they would have already helped you.

It's no wonder we never went down the path of approving the integration and extending year model support with customer service and after sales support like that!

Cheers
Cindy
Exactly! I was like, well I guess I'm better off guessing in the dark than talking to him haha.

LOCKNER13
January 27th, 2016, 05:00 PM
For anyone interested, the issue was internal with the edge unit. Got a new cts2 insight and it works perfectly! Thanks for all the help!