PDA

View Full Version : AL5 Slip Limit problems

rammegacab
January 6th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I know ive read a couple of threads about the 600rpm slip limit issues being solved but im still having issues getting my truck to lockup in 2nd gear at WOT. I have adjusted the TCC ramp rate to 800 in the 600 torque column and from 0 to 600rpm of slip. I also have questions as when to set the TCC lockup speeds ive tried setting mine at 33kph in second gear is that close to being correct? This is a 06 cummins truck with a 5 Speed allison ruining the Dstroked adapter kit behind it.

THEFERMANATOR
January 6th, 2016, 07:15 PM
I know not all of us have bee nable to get it to work. I know I flashed in an 02 OS so I could try it out, raised the slip limit to 1000, and it still wouldn't lockup. Raised it up to 1200, same thing, tried disabling it, same thing. So I gave up and flashed my 01 back in. I wish you luck, but it looks like a lockup box is still the most predicteable way to get lockup in 2nd on.

n2brk
April 12th, 2016, 11:01 AM
it won't lock my LMM up properly either, even with it set to 3000. BT box works every time. Shame :(

THEFERMANATOR
April 12th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I tried it with an 02 OS that had the tables, wouldn't lock mine either. Gave up on it, and went back to the 01 TCM OS, it shifts SO much better. To bad somebody couldn't find the tables in the 01 OS to see if it would work. Or to bad I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out on my own.

Chavez91
April 13th, 2016, 01:04 PM
I tried it with an 02 OS that had the tables, wouldn't lock mine either. Gave up on it, and went back to the 01 TCM OS, it shifts SO much better. To bad somebody couldn't find the tables in the 01 OS to see if it would work. Or to bad I'm not tech savvy enough to figure it out on my own.

I'm on the search for the '01 TCC Slip. Which '02 OS did you have the problem with? I'll take a look and check it out. I think the new parameters I found may help out with this. Slowly mapping them out on all the OS's.

THEFERMANATOR
April 13th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I'm on the search for the '01 TCC Slip. Which '02 OS did you have the problem with? I'll take a look and check it out. I think the new parameters I found may help out with this. Slowly mapping them out on all the OS's.

I used the 15172881 which was the latest 02 OS with OD/LO enabled. I've tried it a few times now, and I always end up with some wierd shifting anomolies with it like bad 3-2 downshifts, poor 3-4 shifts that never settle down, and slamming downshifts out of nowhere. Switch back to the 01, and no more of these problems. I have to stick with the "DUMB" OS with my swap, don't think the newer OS's like being in the dark only receiving engine data. When I did try it, I raised the slip limit up to 1200, disabled, enabled, didn't matter, still wouldn't lockup until I was in 4th. The 01 OS locks up at teh top of 3rd, or the 3-4 shift. Sometimes I can peddle the throttle, and get lockup in 2nd, and man does it take off when it does.