PDA

View Full Version : V2 Licensing Questions

clubby5000i
January 10th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Hi all,
if I reorder from the store, I notice it retains the old Authorisation code from the previous purchase. I normally change this the new code, but do I have to do that? I don;t want to forget and screw up a purchase.

Also, if I purchase a stream license (E38 or LS1B), am I still limited to 220 VIN's in the V2 in total?

Thanks in advance :)

Blacky
January 10th, 2016, 03:30 PM
You should generate a new auth code each time you order.
Once you have a stream licence then any subsequent ECMs that use the stream license do not use a VIN slot and are not counted in the 221 limit.
Regards
Paul

clubby5000i
January 10th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Awesome! Thanks Paul. efiLive has awesome support and response times :)

GMPX
January 10th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Especially when Paul is 'supposed' to be on holidays at the moment :shock:

clubby5000i
January 10th, 2016, 05:27 PM
:exactly:

wesam
April 4th, 2016, 05:56 PM
What should i do when i reach the limit of 220 Licenses ?
I'm @215 now !!

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 4th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Buy another V2 and load it up with streams !!!!

ScarabEpic22
April 5th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Either purchase streams for the supported controllers or purchase another V2.

Blacky
April 5th, 2016, 06:38 AM
What should i do when i reach the limit of 220 Licenses ?
I'm @215 now !!

There is a discount when purchasing a replacement FlashScan if/when you run out of VIN slots. Contact sales@efilive.com for more info on the discount and how to obtain it. If/when you do order a replacement make sure you specify your current V2 license number. The replacement V2 will be set up with the same license number before it is shipped to you.

Regards
Paul

dbertram
October 3rd, 2017, 04:36 PM
As a efilive newbe and getting ready to buy a GM V2, will I be able to pull in a base config/tune and use it to learn the software without burning one of the VIN as long as I don't write it back to the ECM? I just want to learn where everything is on the screens/pages. I have done some tuning in the past with other software but not the efilive.

Regards Don...

1952 Dodge Pilot House Gen III V8
1949 Chevy Panel Van Gen III V8

Blacky
October 3rd, 2017, 04:38 PM
As a efilive newbe and getting ready to buy a GM V2, will I be able to pull in a base config/tune and use it to learn the software without burning one of the VIN as long as I don't write it back to the ECM? I just want to learn where everything is on the screens/pages. I have done some tuning in the past with other software but not the efilive.

Regards Don...

1952 Dodge Pilot House Gen III V8
1949 Chevy Panel Van Gen III V8

Yes, without using any VIN licenses you can read and data log whichever (and as many) controllers that are supported by the FlashScan version that you purchase (i.e. GM, Cummins or GM&Cummins).
You only need to use a VIN license when you flash a controller.

Regards
Paul