PDA

View Full Version : Error $0541

Lextech
January 11th, 2016, 05:34 AM
I am getting the error $0541 when I use my V2. I have only tried it on 2 licensed LS1b PCMs and I get the error on both. Also -- maybe unrelated. All of my .ctz files show up looking like a "Notepad" file instead of having the EFILive logo on them. I have the newest software and firmware on my laptop and V2 unit (V7.5.7.299) (V8.2.2.290) V2 bootblock is (2.07.07) V2 firmware is (2.07.95)

Jeff

Move'n Up
January 11th, 2016, 08:59 AM
I recommend reinstalling the EFI Live Software. You have a Windows file association problem at a minimum.

Blacky
January 11th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Try doing a full flash using V7 pass thru flashing and checking the "Flash Recovery" option (I think that's what it's called). The problem is caused by corrupt NVRAM area in the PCM. That option attempts to fix it. If it's too corrupted then it may not be able to be recovered.

Yes the icon is unrelated. Right click on a ctz file in Windows Explorer and select "open with..." Then select "choose..." And choose Efilive Scan and Tune. Check the "always use this application" option.

Regards
Paul

Lextech
January 14th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Thank You Guys,
I did the "Open With" and it was set to "Notepad". I'm not sure how I managed that, but I did.
The weird thing is that the same PCM will flash fine with an older .ctz but a few of the newer .ctz that I try to put in it are corrupt somehow. I think this weekend I will uninstall the software and reinstall it and update it.

Jeff