PDA

View Full Version : Another Idle Question

driver456
May 21st, 2006, 11:05 AM
My car idle's perfect in park or nuetral,But when I put it in drive it idle's alright,But the idle drops down alittle every few seconds and its just not smooth like in park.I played with {B3629} PARK TO DRIVE ENRICHMENT & {B4307} DESIRED AIRFLOW And it smoothed out alittle but still the idle drops,It does not want to stall or anything.I logged some data and the timing looks like a roller coaster.What else can I adjust or look at.............Paul

SSpdDmon
May 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM
Base Spark In Gear. I'm assuming you've got a cam? Either way, start up the bi-directional controls and see if it smooths out a little if you alter the timing +/- a couple degrees with the Delta adjustment. If it does, make the appropriate changes in the BSIG table.

white2001s10
May 22nd, 2006, 12:59 AM
Make sure there's not a big difference in the base spark in park and base spark in gear. Then reduce your spark overshoot & undershoot tables.

driver456
May 22nd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Base Spark In Gear. I'm assuming you've got a cam? Either way, start up the bi-directional controls and see if it smooths out a little if you alter the timing +/- a couple degrees with the Delta adjustment. If it does, make the appropriate changes in the BSIG table.
I'm sorry,Yes it has a cam,598int/603ex 114Lsa.I'll try that.What exactly is delta spark? I've seen it and know where it is.What does it do compared to to regular spark timing?.............Thanks ....................Paul

driver456
May 22nd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Make sure there's not a big difference in the base spark in park and base spark in gear. Then reduce your spark overshoot & undershoot tables.
Does the 97/98 OS have spark over/undershoot tables?

SSpdDmon
May 22nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
There's absolute spark and delta spark. Absolute spark takes total control of timing and what you type in is what you get. Delta spark takes the pcm's commanded timing and adds/subtracts to it the value you enter.

dirt_track_racer_81
June 23rd, 2006, 08:07 AM
where is the delta spark control in the tuning software??

SSpdDmon
June 23rd, 2006, 05:16 PM
bi-directional controls in the scanner

dirt_track_racer_81
June 25th, 2006, 08:56 AM
i know its in the scanner ive played with a bit but whats the purpose for this function..??