PDA

View Full Version : Factory remote start stopped working after EFI live tune 2010 Silverado 6.2 liter

2010LSX
January 12th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Remote start worked fine prior to getting the truck tuned by EFI live, there are no codes, no CEL and the hood switch is not faulty. The weird part is when I try to do the remote start, it flashes the lights, applies the brakes and primes the fuel pump then nothing after that. I have searched high and low for this issue and it seems to normally affect the diesels but not the gas trucks. I am at the end of my rope here, the guy who tuned it is not offering any help. He has basically told me its not his problem and has stopped responding to my messages/phone calls. The odd part is this guy is very well known in the industry......I just want my truck back the way it was.

PS: I found this post on here regarding this issue:

"I would bet that it is the injector flow rates that need to be read from the GPM and flashed to the ECM.

From the home screen on the V2.
F2(tune) > F2(injectors) > F1(read GPM inject) > F4(program ECM inject)

That should do it. I have done it once. At first it didn't seem like it worked but, I just shut the ignition off for a few seconds and started it with the key, then off again, then it started with the remote"

Any help at all regarding this would be much appreciated !!!!!

DURAtotheMAX
January 12th, 2016, 05:25 AM
If you flash it back to a bone stock tune, does remote start work again?

2010LSX
January 12th, 2016, 08:40 AM
haven't tried that as of yet, all I know is it worked 15mins prior to tuning it. It was cold out side and I started it remotely while I was getting ready to leave. The tuner I used is a good 2hr trip from the house. I noticed it when I got back to the hotel the same day he tuned it and I called him to report my findings but he would not see me and basically brushed me off as hes been doing since. So it looks like i'm back at square one looking for an EFI live tuner but this time in the Houston area.

joecar
January 13th, 2016, 01:12 AM

PS: I found this post on here regarding this issue:

"I would bet that it is the injector flow rates that need to be read from the GPM and flashed to the ECM.

From the home screen on the V2.
F2(tune) > F2(injectors) > F1(read GPM inject) > F4(program ECM inject)

That should do it. I have done it once. At first it didn't seem like it worked but, I just shut the ignition off for a few seconds and started it with the key, then off again, then it started with the remote"

...That procedure is not for LSx gasoline engines, AFAICT.

Whichever module does remote start did not like the canlan being busy during the time that the ECM was being flashed, it probably needs to resynch itself with the other modules on bus...

maybe try disconnecting reconnecting the battery.

Assuming that the ECM was flashed with the same (or compatible OS).

DURAtotheMAX
January 13th, 2016, 01:17 AM
remote start is controlled by the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver)...which is on the low speed GMLAN bus only. The BCM is the gateway between the high speed and low speed bus, so the ECM does not communicate on the low speed bus at all, and the RCDLR doesnt communicate with the ECM on the high speed bus either.

RCDLR sends a low speed GMLAN message to BCM, and if everything passes as far as doors locked, anti-theft system no faults, hood closed, etc, it sends a RVS (remote vehicle start) crank request to the ECM via high speed GMLAN.

DURAtotheMAX
January 13th, 2016, 01:18 AM
and correct, the injector programming stuff is diesel only.

Try disconnecting the batteries.

joecar
January 13th, 2016, 02:04 AM
remote start is controlled by the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver)...which is on the low speed GMLAN bus only. The BCM is the gateway between the high speed and low speed bus, so the ECM does not communicate on the low speed bus at all, and the RCDLR doesnt communicate with the ECM on the high speed bus either.

RCDLR sends a low speed GMLAN message to BCM, and if everything passes as far as doors locked, anti-theft system no faults, hood closed, etc, it sends a RVS (remote vehicle start) crank request to the ECM via high speed GMLAN.Thanks for the info :cheers:

2010LSX
January 13th, 2016, 02:47 AM
I will try the battery disconnect at lunch and get back to you. Any amount of time I should leave the, disconnected ?

DURAtotheMAX
January 13th, 2016, 04:22 AM
eh 5 minutes should be more than enough. Once you disconnect the batteries, just to be sure everything is fully 'dead', you can also touch the two battery cables together for a few seconds to discharge any capacitors in the ECM/TCM that might still be holding a bit of charge.

2010LSX
January 13th, 2016, 05:59 AM
So I disconnected the battery for 5 or so minutes and touched the neg and pos cables together for 4-5 seconds, reconnected and still not working. I was told there are some hard error codes in the system that some scanners cant read, the dealership is the only one who can read/clear them. Is this true ? Again, I have scanned for codes and nothing comes up, no cel, everything works as far as the remote start process except the starter never engages. This has worked from day one of owning the truck and as soon as it was tuned it quit. Not sure what else it could be other than possible "hard error codes" that only the dealer can clear if that really exsists.

Taz
January 13th, 2016, 08:05 AM
I take it that you do not own any tuning software ?

Without being able to compare the original tune, to the current tune, means that people can only guess at the possible root cause of the issue, as it may or may not relate to the ECM tune.

Programming a control module in an OEM vehicle can be challenging - thankfully I don't have to deal with this very often. I do know from bench programming many control modules, that often the OEM instructions include removing a fuse (or several fuses) to effectively "turn off" other modules on the GMLAN (CAN Bus) during programming.

Take a look at the attached PDF. It explains how the Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) systems functions. Of interest, there appears to be an Enable / Disable function that is driver configurable via the DIC (Driver Information Center) - check this setting (doubtful the problem is that simple). Information on configuring the DIC is in your owner's manual.

Regarding a hard reset of all modules - try leaving the battery disconnected overnight.

One option is to have the tuner program the OEM tune again, and then sort things out from there.

If communications have broken down between you and your tuner, then you are likely going to need to find another tuner - one with a Tech 2, MDI, etc. to reprogram one or more of the modules. As your vehicle is no longer under warranty (2010), you could also inquire at your local dealer regarding reprogramming.

Road
January 13th, 2016, 09:51 AM
haven't tried that as of yet, all I know is it worked 15mins prior to tuning it. It was cold out side and I started it remotely while I was getting ready to leave. The tuner I used is a good 2hr trip from the house. I noticed it when I got back to the hotel the same day he tuned it and I called him to report my findings but he would not see me and basically brushed me off as hes been doing since. So it looks like i'm back at square one looking for an EFI live tuner but this time in the Houston area.
I see you are in Houston. I am in Terrell it's a few hour drive but if you want to make the drive I can fix it. (For a fee of coarse)

2010LSX
June 18th, 2016, 07:46 AM
So just an update to this post. I was told that the BCM was the problem, something about EFILive using the same path as it does. Well I had the dealership flash the BCM. Still not working. The tech said that it's possible the tuner somehow disabled it in the ECM when he tuned it. I have since hadn't tuned by HPTuner software s d I'm guessing there's still some possible EFILive settings in there that hasn't been touched. I think I will have the dealership flash the ECM with a factory file and see if that fixes it. Not sure if I mentioned this before but when I go to start with remote right when it suppose to turn the motor over the CEL flashes for a minute and then goes away. There are no codes in the ECM, the tech cleared all codes. Anyone with knowledge of this please your help would be appreciated.

minytrker
June 18th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Where are you at? Im in Brenham but go to Tomball, Conroe and Magnolia pretty often tuning. I can tell you if its in the tune and fix it if thats the problem.

2010LSX
June 20th, 2016, 04:53 AM
I live in Cleveland so im really close to Conroe. I can meet up with you the next time you are in Conroe, only thing is I am leaving for vacation tomorrow morning and will return the following Tuesday however anytime after I would be more than happy to meet you. I would be indebted to you if you could resolve this issue.