PDA

View Full Version : Autocal question

bplumcrazy
January 13th, 2016, 02:59 AM
Ok so I have a autocal from a shop I used that is now out of business. can I use my autocal with a new shop when I find one or do I have a expensive paper weight

Move'n Up
January 13th, 2016, 04:13 AM
The AutoCal will have to be released from the previous shops master link. Since they are out of business I would contact EFI Live support directly to see if they can facilitate that process somehow.

cindy@efilive
January 13th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Ok so I have a autocal from a shop I used that is now out of business. can I use my autocal with a new shop when I find one or do I have a expensive paper weight

You have purchased the handheld tuning device of a particular tuner. Only the FlashScan V2 used by that tuner can provide tunes for your device.

To reuse the device with another business, you would need to return AutoCal to the original tuner for them to physically connect AutoCal to their FlashScan device and unlink the AutoCal. Unlinking cannot be performed remotely, cannot be performed by EFILive staff/tools, and cannot be performed by another tuner. The V2 that provided the initial tunes to the device MUST be present.

Cheers
Cindy

bplumcrazy
January 14th, 2016, 03:46 AM
You have purchased the handheld tuning device of a particular tuner. Only the FlashScan V2 used by that tuner can provide tunes for your device.

To reuse the device with another business, you would need to return AutoCal to the original tuner for them to physically connect AutoCal to their FlashScan device and unlink the AutoCal. Unlinking cannot be performed remotely, cannot be performed by EFILive staff/tools, and cannot be performed by another tuner. The V2 that provided the initial tunes to the device MUST be present.

Cheers
Cindyso what u are saying is that I have an expensive paper weight since the shop is closed down and no way of contacting them

cindy@efilive
January 14th, 2016, 08:55 AM
so what u are saying is that I have an expensive paper weight since the shop is closed down and no way of contacting them

I would assume the device you have had tunes that worked as you requested when you purchased it, so the device was/is functional for its original purpose.

You are now in a situation where you want to repurpose the device and cannot due to the circumstances of others.

AutoCal is EFILive hardware, but for the end user its the Tuners product. That tuner customises the device and provides tunes. Most devices are branded as the tuners handheld so a key product benefit at the request of tuners wanting to protect their brand was to only allow them to reset their devices.

Irrespective of the tuner being contactable or not, it's still the tuners decision to unlink the device - specifically we've heard reports that some tuners refuse to unlink.

If you PM me with the tuners details, and your AutoCal license information I will check our database and see if the FlashScan linked to your V2 is still purchasing product and see if it's been sold and reregistered to another person.

Cheers
Cindy