PDA

View Full Version : Cm2350b

catman3126
January 13th, 2016, 08:12 AM
What options are out there to unlock a 2016 CM2350B? tried a BD/GT last night after flashing in a 2014 2350B file so the BD would work with it and it didn't work, after I was told by my tuner it would. After my customer has payed for the tunes and the BD/GT it wouldn't unlock it and it would do the initial flash before the unlock cord connection part of the flash. I've talked to FPE and will send the ecm to them for unlock but if possible I would like to get this going for the guy before next tue/wed. Now that there is a 14 file in there the truck only does 25-30 and the DEF gauge is dead and also I believe the 14' file that I was sent to flash in initially is a 6 speed annual file as now when I goto start the truck it tells me on the dash to push the "clutch" in and not the "brake" pedal like before. I updated the BD/GT last night and will try one more time to see if it will now unlock the 2350B but if not I will take the ecm off and ship to FPE. Or does anyone have a stock 16' 68RFE file that would flash back in to get it going? Customer is not too worried about it and said he would wait but I'd like to get it going quicker. thanks in advance.

GMPX
January 13th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I have heard the 2014 trick does work so I don't think you were led astray there, something has just gone wrong with the process.
The Fleece unlock (in my opinion) is the best option, but the problem you now have is that 2016 base file is gone for good and I am not sure how you could obtain the same file again. All you could hope for is that Fleece has one on file that they've done a 2016 unlock for.
The December releases of EFILive will be able to flash the 2016 file back in (if you get hold of one).

catman3126
January 13th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Yes I agree, I don't think it is the 14' file that was put in I believe the BD was not up to date enough to do the unlock or recognize that OS. I did attempt to flash in the CSP4 file and it went through the whole flash and ended with the "Script exited with code $0340: Download not accepted ($40). so I believe if I get it unlocked it will take the CSP4 tune.

catman3126
January 14th, 2016, 03:50 AM
It took a 13' file to allow the BD to unlock the ecm.