PDA

View Full Version : Gen III truck tuning

Gmcdenali
January 13th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I'm looking to get a V1. I can get one for cheap. I make LS swap harnesses and would like to start tuning the PCMs to go with them. Will the V1 delete evap, security, egr, and rear o2's. From what I've read that the v1 can tune the Gen III trucks. Which is most the harnesses that I modify. What else can the V1 tuner do.

Gmcdenali
January 14th, 2016, 01:59 PM
So I'm guessing no answer means that I can't tune trucks anymore.

cindy@efilive
January 14th, 2016, 02:08 PM
FlashScan V1 is only available for purchase second hand. It's hardware we stopped producing shortly after FlashScan V2 was introduced in 2006.

Yes it can tune Gen III vehicles, however it is limited to 25 PCM licenses per device. Each controller consumes one license. FlashScan V1 utilizes EFILive V7.5 software, which is the same editing software used for FlashScan V2.

Before you purchase or acquire FlashScan V1, you should email sales@efilive.com with the serial number of the device you propose to purchase. The sales team can check the database to determine if the product you intend to purchase has been used to upgrade to FlashScan V2, in which case additional licenses cannot be purchased for the device.

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
January 14th, 2016, 03:05 PM
So I'm guessing no answer means that I can't tune trucks anymore.No, that just means you post was not yet seen... :)

As Cindy said, V1 allows flashing of Gen 3 PCM's... but what are you going to do when you run out of PCM licenses...?

Gmcdenali
January 15th, 2016, 06:24 AM
I guess when my 25 licenses runs out i will look into getting a new product. But for now IM just starting out and learning. what does it cost to do a v1 to v2 upgrade if this one hasnt been done yet

Move'n Up
January 15th, 2016, 07:11 AM
$499
http://www.efilive.com/upgrades

Gmcdenali
January 15th, 2016, 02:49 PM
So can I use up the 25 licenses and then upgrade to the v2 from the v1. Sorry folks for all the questions but like it said before I'm learning.

joecar
January 16th, 2016, 05:25 AM
So can I use up the 25 licenses and then upgrade to the v2 from the v1. Sorry folks for all the questions but like it said before I'm learning.

If you start with a V1 that has not been used yet to upgrade to a V2.