PDA

View Full Version : Duramax LML Ambient Temp sensor not reading properly

rubyd
January 19th, 2016, 07:45 AM
I had my 2015 Silverado Quad Cab Diesel with the LML motor lifted and EFI-Live installed and now the temperature reading on the radio is reading -40 degrees. The ambient temp sensor was replaced. The ambient air senor is reading correctly on the truck but not communicating it to the radio correctly. The A/C and things work problerly. The radio and bcm are reading properly and even tried reprogramming them both and still the same reading of -40 degrees. I am not sure if it is partly controlled by the dpf filter. Has anyone come across this?

Chavez91
January 19th, 2016, 09:41 AM
2015.5? Get a hold of your tuner. It can be a few things, but is related to how the deletes were done.

rubyd
January 19th, 2016, 09:49 AM
2015.5? Get a hold of your tuner. It can be a few things, but is related to how the deletes were done.

It was one of the first ones. I ordered it and picked it up in November 2015. The company the did the work has done other 2015's and they have not seen this.

Chavez91
January 19th, 2016, 10:08 AM
From my experience, the Temp not displaying correctly on the dash is because the ECM isnt transmitting the temperature along the CAN Bus. Probably because the message was turned off.