PDA

View Full Version : Tachometer tables?

THEFERMANATOR
January 19th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Would it be possible to add in the tach tables like the gasser ECM's have? I'm looking to do a cluster swap in my BURB to an ESCALADE cluster, and it requires a V8 tach signal(4 pulses per rev). I currently use an alternator driven tach in my stock cluster, but if I switch over I would like to use the LB7's stock LS style output, but to do so would require a tach adapter to double the tach signal pulses. Trying to do this without a tach adapter if at all possible. The tables I'm looking at are labled G1204, G1205, and B5402 in the 0411 ECM.

GMPX
January 20th, 2016, 07:47 AM
I know the ones you mean on the 0411 PCM, I can have a look but we can't assume the Duramax ECM actually has such a cal. The LB7 code was written by Isuzu, not GM like the LS1 was.

THEFERMANATOR
January 21st, 2016, 03:13 PM
If you could it would be greatly appreciated.

weazel
August 1st, 2016, 09:42 AM
I would be interested in these as well. I've got a conversion truck I need to correct the tach with. I'm using the ESS signal wire from the lb7 ECM straight to the tach. Correcting the tach would be far easier and less expensive if we could use efi to do it.

cindy@efilive
August 1st, 2016, 10:10 AM
I would be interested in these as well. I've got a conversion truck I need to correct the tach with. I'm using the ESS signal wire from the lb7 ECM straight to the tach. Correcting the tach would be far easier and less expensive if we could use efi to do it.

LLY calibrations were last updated in October 2008, almost 8 years ago. The amount of time our developer would need to spend to get back up to speed on that controller, then see if the calibrations existed, followed by internal testing and beta testing to ensure the calibrations continued to operate correctly would make the task not viable for 2 requests in 8 years, sorry.

Cheers
Cindy