PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Efilive with autocal

Dkooj
January 22nd, 2016, 03:35 PM
I got a slight noobish question but figured this is the best place to get the answer. I have a '10 Sierra w/ 6.2 and I'm building a 6.0 for my ford ranger, I order the autocal and efilive program from Blackbear for my Sierra and was great! But I'm about to install headers and eventually a cam. So I decided it would be nice to slowly learn to tune on my own. I was just wondering what else do I need beside the program that came with the autocal?

Move'n Up
January 22nd, 2016, 04:01 PM
You can't tune on your own with an AutoCal you need a FlashScan V2 in order to be able to write your own tunes. FYI you will not be able to edit the tunes that came with your AutoCal either even after you buy a V2.

Dkooj
January 22nd, 2016, 04:12 PM
So I would have to get FlashScan v2? Then just connect my laptop to my truck for tuning? I want to keep my tune on my autocal just in case when I do mess up somewhere, I still have a tune that's reliable.

Move'n Up
January 22nd, 2016, 04:15 PM
So I would have to get FlashScan v2? Then just connect my laptop to my truck for tuning? I want to keep my tune on my autocal just in case when I do mess up somewhere, I still have a tune that's reliable.
Yes you can still use your AutoCal to flash your Tuners supplied tune into your truck while you ramp up your tuning skills with your FlashScan V2.

Dkooj
January 22nd, 2016, 04:45 PM
That's good enough for me! Now just need to tear the search bar up in these forums on tuning lmao!