PDA

View Full Version : Pid for fuel psi ls3 and ls2

camaro10
January 22nd, 2016, 11:36 PM
I've searched and I cannot find a pid. Cars I'm working on are 2010 Camaro Ss and 06 Gto. Any ideas? Software and firmware are current..

Taz
January 23rd, 2016, 12:20 PM
I don't believe that either of those vehicles is equipped with a Fuel Pressure Sensor - that could measure the fuel pressure at the fuel rail.

Perhaps you were thinking that this is the function of the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor. It is not. The Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor is part of the EVAP System.

joecar
January 23rd, 2016, 04:14 PM
+1

Rail pressure is assumed to be constant at 58 +/- 1 psi.

camaro10
January 23rd, 2016, 08:39 PM
Ok, no way of knowing without installing a gauge than? Thanks!

camaro10
January 28th, 2016, 12:39 AM
I don't believe that either of those vehicles is equipped with a Fuel Pressure Sensor - that could measure the fuel pressure at the fuel rail.

Perhaps you were thinking that this is the function of the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor. It is not. The Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor is part of the EVAP System.

Is there any pids to monitor this? Seems that people on Camaro 5 using sct or hpt are able to log tank pressure or line pressure by the tank. Otherwise I've considered installing an autometer cobalt 0-5v fuel psi gauge and making a calc pid for logging purposes

Road
January 28th, 2016, 01:26 AM
Is there any pids to monitor this? Seems that people on Camaro 5 using sct or hpt are able to log tank pressure or line pressure by the tank. Otherwise I've considered installing an autometer cobalt 0-5v fuel psi gauge and making a calc pid for logging purposes
There is no sensor for a pid to monitor. Tank pressure is a part of the evap system and has nothing to do with line pressure. About the only ones that have fuel pressure sensors are direct injection and then you have a low and high pressure sensor to log. You can rig up a 0-5 volt sensor for logging but I don't see much to gain from it. I would connect a manual gauge and simply check if you have a pressure or supply issue. I am assuming you are referring to a LS3/L99.

camaro10
January 28th, 2016, 10:24 AM
No none known but I'm looking into going centri blower.