PDA

View Full Version : 07 corvette can't log maf. what pids do I need

mvvette97
January 24th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Not sure what the problem is. On my 03 silverado I can log the maf to see where it's running at whatever RPM or whatever by opening up the tune while logging and go to the maf table and it will highlight where the maf is running. I tried to do this on my 07 corvette and no matter what I do it won't highlight in the maf table where it's running at. Do I need some other pids selected?

GMPX
January 24th, 2016, 03:07 PM
The E38 ECM needs a different PID (I think), try logging GM.MAFFREQ.

mvvette97
January 24th, 2016, 03:47 PM
The E38 ECM needs a different PID (I think), try logging GM.MAFFREQ.
i looked and I have the GM. MAFFREQ.2 selected. I don't see any other one

joecar
January 25th, 2016, 12:20 AM
Look at the axis of your E38 MAF table, hover the cursor over it, it will indicate the link pid... this is the pid you will need to log.

If there is no link pid, we can easily add one (see file E38_Link.ini) based on which pid logs correctly (MAFFREQ or MAFFREQ2).

When you log MAFFREQ do you get data ok in the log...?

mvvette97
January 25th, 2016, 05:11 AM
Yes I can see the data just fine. just doesn't highlight in the tune.

joecar
January 25th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Yes I can see the data just fine. just doesn't highlight in the tune.
Ok, when looking at the MAF tables B1097 and B1098, on the vertical axis you should see the linking pid...

if you look in the file C:\Program Files\EFILive V7.5\Configuration\E38_Link.ini using Notepad

you should see this:

;MAF Frequency Converions (Low Flow)
B1097.ROW=GM.MAFFREQ

;MAF Frequency Converions (High Flow)
B1098.ROW=GM.MAFFREQ

the row references there are the linking pids.

camaro10
January 25th, 2016, 11:54 PM
I had this issue but it was with air per cylinder on a 06 Gto e40. I would check what joecar said as after I renamed the labels like in the example shown it worked for airpercyl. Also validate your pids when its hooked up to the car and your connected. Sometimes additional pids will pop up. The pid you are currently using on the maf does work on my Camaro and plots itself in the tuning software. Also make sure the software and firmware are current

joecar
January 26th, 2016, 06:56 AM
Do this:

Also make sure the software and firmware are current

See here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch)