PDA

View Full Version : License not active

CmpDiesel
January 28th, 2016, 02:28 AM
Hello I tried to flash an 02 lb7 yesterday, after I activated my vin license and went to flash the truck it keeps saying no vin slots available. Tried a couple different times, won't flash it's like the vin license says it's already been used but it hasn't, any help is greatly appreciated

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Check to see what your vin licenses screen show? https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=9817-YALX-6546.

Cheers
Cindy

Blacky
January 28th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Please send a trace file of the failed attempt to license the LB7. The trace files can be found in different locations depending on which method you used.

When you activated the VIN license did you use

V7.5 pass-thru
V8 pass-thru
Stand alone, Black Box Flashing

If you used option 1 the trace files can be found in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Error Reports
If you used option 2 the trace files can be found in the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
If you used option 3 there will be not trace file stored on your PC.

Also send a copy of your FlashScan/AutoCal device's license backup file. You can generate a license backup file using the V8 software option: [F7: Licenses]->[Backup].

Send files to paul@efilive.com and include a link to this thread.

Regards
Paul

justinwmx20406
November 22nd, 2016, 03:19 PM
Hello I tried to flash an 02 lb7 yesterday, after I activated my vin license and went to flash the truck it keeps saying no vin slots available. Tried a couple different times, won't flash it's like the vin license says it's already been used but it hasn't, any help is greatly appreciated

did you figure this out?? same thing happened to me today!!!

Blacky
November 23rd, 2016, 12:50 PM
did you figure this out?? same thing happened to me today!!!

Do the same as what I explained in post #3 and send me the trace file and license backup file.

Regards
Paul

t.ashton
April 9th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Always use pass through. Plug your v2 into the truck and you laptop into your v2. Have all software up to date and it will assign any available license to your vin.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Arod201051
May 31st, 2017, 12:42 PM
I have V2 flashscan I went to reprogram it in device want reboot it's staying in deadpoll mode saying device not responding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t.ashton
May 31st, 2017, 12:46 PM
Open a chat with support on the website efi support

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Blacky
May 31st, 2017, 01:53 PM
I have V2 flashscan I went to reprogram it in device want reboot it's staying in deadpoll mode saying device not responding

If the device is stuck in dead-poll mode, use the EFILive_Explorer program to program the firmware.

Regards
Paul

Arod201051
May 31st, 2017, 03:21 PM
If the device is stuck in dead-poll mode, use the EFILive_Explorer program to program the firmware.

Regards
Paul

I did n it's still saying device not responding I went through all the steps but it do say program was successful but flashscan doesn't show nothing on it

Blacky
May 31st, 2017, 03:24 PM
It may be a faulty flash chip on FlashScan. If the firmware programmed into and stored on the flash chip is corrupted (due to a faulty flash chip) then the device will stay in dead-poll after it has been programmed. You may need to return it for repair.

If you're in the US you can send it to SoCal Diesel who handle warranty and repair work for FlashScan and AutoCal.
http://www.efilive.com/distributors

Regards
Paul