PDA

View Full Version : CSP5 Timing

Orange Stroker
February 4th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Ok got a 6.7 Cummins. My timing tables from CSP5 Tune 1-5 all are using the same timing table after I went and did some data logging. What am I missing or is fueling really the only thing that is able to change from tune to tune.

Thanks in advance.

GMPX
February 4th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Not sure what year you are talking here but if the ECM is in 'protection' mode then the tune switching doesn't work because it is defaulting to a different mode. When logging check the PID's CM.AIRDENH_F and CM.AIRDENL_F, if they are both reading '5' (from memory) then your ECM is in protection mode and the normal timing tables are not being used.

Orange Stroker
February 4th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Not sure what year you are talking here but if the ECM is in 'protection' mode then the tune switching doesn't work because it is defaulting to a different mode. When logging check the PID's CM.AIRDENH_F and CM.AIRDENL_F, if they are both reading '5' (from memory) then your ECM is in protection mode and the normal timing tables are not being used.

You hit the nail on the head. Those are both logging 5. This is a 2009. How do I get it out of "Protection" mode?

Orange Stroker
February 4th, 2016, 11:02 AM
2008 I apologize.

SASDakota
February 4th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Would you post your tune file? I can take a look when I get home.

Orange Stroker
February 4th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Would you post your tune file? I can take a look when I get home.

Here you go.19213

SASDakota
February 4th, 2016, 04:39 PM
OP,

Try this one out.

Orange Stroker
February 4th, 2016, 05:13 PM
OP,

Try this one out.

Awesome Thanks man I totally forgot about those. I didn't know they would effect them like that. I actually gave the customer the truck back and told him I'd let him know once I got it sorted out. So I'll try to meet up with him and flash and data log it soon.

SASDakota
February 4th, 2016, 05:30 PM
It should go back to using the normal alt. maps now. I also saw you don't have VGT min/max enabled on CSP programs. Is your boost control behaving as you want it to? If you have an economy program maybe try a bit more timing and a little less boost at lower loads/cruise range.

Didn't really look at the tune itself just checked your modification history and added those few changes.

Orange Stroker
February 4th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Sweet. I'll mess with it a little bit and see what I can get. Thanks for the tip!! If you get a chance maybe browse through and see if you have any other advice.