PDA

View Full Version : 08 Suburban VVE and MAF maps/pids HELP!

picnic_george
February 5th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Here is a tune and a log I took of a suburban. I got part of the VVE better using the STFT but for some reason I don't know what PID(s) to log and/or if there is a BEN for it. I have BEN from serial WB (CALC.WO2BEN) but it says the expression is {GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1} but {GM.EQIVRATIO} is not a valid PID.

I'd also like to read the MAF BEN factor in the same way.

Forgive my ignorance, it's been a while on efilive with anything other than my trans am, and this is my first time messing with an e38 computer on efilive.

Thanks
Kris

picnic_george
February 6th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Think I got the calc.pid figured out

*CLC-00-445
factor 10.00 20.00 .1 "{EXT.WO2AFR1}/{E38.AFRATIO_DMA}

CALC.WO2BEN_E38 F445 CLC-00-445 factor Tuning "BEN from Serial WB E38"

Looking at the log it seems legit

Now to figure out the MAF, looks as if my BEN wants MAF frequency but that PID isn't available, it only offers a lbs/grams PID

Edit- Looks like I can log GM.MAFFREQ2 so I'll try that and see what happens.

joecar
February 8th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Also try "{EXT.WO2LAM1}/{SAE.LAMBDA}"... add an new calc pid for it (to compare with your pid above).

Yes, correct, try logging GM.MAFFREQ2.

picnic_george
February 8th, 2016, 05:20 AM
Also try "{EXT.WO2LAM1}/{SAE.LAMBDA}"... add an new calc pid for it (to compare with your pid above).

Yes, correct, try logging GM.MAFFREQ2.I'll try that and compare the results. Probably better since it's s flec fuel car.

picnic_george
February 19th, 2016, 11:43 AM
They matched Joe, thanks. And the MAF pid worked as well.

Question I've done some changes to the idle tables and got it to idle really well, not surge or push on the converter.

But it has a hot start issue. It starts fine cold but when it's hot you have to apply a little throttle for it to get running. What setting should I be looking at? I could post the tune I'm working on now but I'm not at my laptop and the original tune posted had the same issue. I added starting RPM in P/N and Drive to more match what I have the RPM set to but that didn't help.

Thanks for the help/

joecar
February 19th, 2016, 02:37 PM
I'm thinking it thru in my mind...

joecar
February 19th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Would it be table B1602...?

picnic_george
February 19th, 2016, 04:25 PM
I'll take a look when I get to my laptop.

It's weird it only does it warm/hot. It's like it tries to start first time then nothing, just turns over. I just find it awkward that adding a little throttle to a TBW car would even do anything while cranking.

joecar
February 21st, 2016, 02:58 PM
Yes, it should not require any throttle input from you.

Also look at the lower corner of the VVE table.

picnic_george
February 22nd, 2016, 05:07 AM
Yes, it should not require any throttle input from you.

Also look at the lower corner of the VVE table.
What should I be looking for? Should I log during cranking and see where it is and adjust those cells? At idle the ltfts even out to about -2% +-

joecar
February 22nd, 2016, 05:25 AM
Try pushing it up or down and see if it affects the need for throttle.

I'm looking thru some E38 tunes to see if I can get a better understanding.

picnic_george
March 9th, 2016, 08:50 PM
I adjusted a lot of things some got it better others made no difference. In the end cranking ve was all it took. Starts great cold or hot.