PDA

View Full Version : Switched tranny table=lost total spark?

slowhawk
May 22nd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Ran into a weird problem. 2001 Silverado 2wd. Has a 4.8l /Turbo. We did a 4l80 swap into it,switched the wiring and switch the tranny calibrations to a 4L80. Truck runs great,tranny works awesome but under boost the truck drops to the minimum spark advance:Eyecrazy: .I've gone over and over the tune and find nothing.Before the swap it ran full timing,no problem.

Has anyone ran into this before?I'm out of idea's. Got the tune if someone want's to take a look.

Thanks

slowhawk
May 23rd, 2006, 10:22 PM
Well,since everyone I've talked to has been baffled I'm going to flash the computer with a whole new file from a 01 6.0/4l80 vehicle and see if the problem goes away.I need to get this working right so we can track the truck next week.Hope is doesn't get messed up again when we go 2 bar.

slowhawk
May 26th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Well, if anybody is looking. The first tune was junk,nothing would keep timing from dropping so we loaded in a 01 6.0/4l80 setup and had a problem getting it to go OL.Ended up being a timer on OL engagement.Got that tuned in.
Then switched to Custom OS 2 bar-- tuned the truck 100% in a 1/2hr on the street.It's nice to be running 15lbs of trubo boost again:beer:

joecar
May 26th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I've been looking, but I did not have any idea.
Glad you got it fixed. :cheers:

What do you suppose happened on the 1st bin file...?

slowhawk
May 26th, 2006, 10:08 AM
I've been looking, but I did not have any idea.
Glad you got it fixed. :cheers:

What do you suppose happened on the 1st bin file...?

Got me. Jesse switched it for me and for some reason it didn't work.

joecar
May 26th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Got me. Jesse switched it for me and for some reason it didn't work.I now how it goes, it's what happens with computers and software. :bash:

Tydriver
May 26th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I appreciate the update of the problem, I am going to run an 80e with my LSx motor in the typhoon and always hearing about little glitches like this makes it easier to deal with down the road.. I will keep this in the back of my head since my motor is going to be boosted as well...