PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 switch terminals Round vs. Square with Fin

Boost
February 7th, 2016, 07:10 AM
Could someone please remind me which ones are which again? (and doesn't the round one work for all of them?)

I have both styles and need to do an LMM next. If I'm not mistaken those are the square with fin type.

I can't believe I never remember this after literally around 100 Duramaxes tuned all in one town HAHAHA it must be true that I have adhd. Not to mention the countless ECM connectors I've repaired after other folks' "diagnosis"...

Anyways thanks for helping out and to clarify I'm referring to the end of the two wires of the DSP5 switches being compatible to clicking into the unused ECM pins. (see photo attached)

Also, since I usually know the answers to all the questions I ask LMAO, one clue I could give myself is that the purple wires I've usually done on LLYs and the gray on LBZ / LMM... :) But asking anyway because a good friend once suggested that one of them was compatible with several gens.

I miss you guys very much

GMC-2002-Dmax
February 7th, 2016, 08:15 AM
The LB7 use a unique larger round pin which is the same Part# as the 2001-2005 Allison TCM Pins.

LLY uses a smaller version of the round pin which usually works in the LBZ/LMM is you need one in a pinch,

The correct LBZ/LMM pins are square with the "blade" for clocking the pin in the correct way in the connector, those cannot be removed easily even with the correct Bosch Tool.

Boost
February 7th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Thanks!! Now only to determine if I have the larger or smaller one, not sure if you / anyone is able to tell from the pic. I think I have the LLY one as the the wire is purple and it's a similar size to the square one next to it...?

If that's the case I could technically use it in this LMM. And I know what you mean about difficult to remove :) hard enough to get the correct ones in sometimes based on mud / crud levels. Make sure it clicks fellas!

Thanks again

killerbee
February 14th, 2016, 03:41 AM
The one on the left is LLY. The other is bosch LBZ/LMM.

Boost
February 14th, 2016, 04:04 AM
Thank you!

Road
February 14th, 2016, 04:43 AM
The last LBZ I did PPEI sent me the round LB7 one's and the round one's had sufficient terminal tension and fit in the square cavities and is still working so far....

Boost
February 14th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Yes I was thinking that I recall it was like that. Thank you for the info!

killerbee
February 14th, 2016, 04:47 AM
I have a stock of each of them, if needed. Crimped Pigtails also.