PDA

View Full Version : Changing the vin number in efi live

EverydayDiesel
February 18th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Hello,

I had to get a new ecm and I have changed the vin in the very first text box under the first tab called calibration in efi live editor 7.5

The problem is that when I go to do a full flash the output still has the old vin number. How can I change this?

I changed it here (notice it starts with a 3)
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t363/everydaydiesel2/vin%20edit%20screen_zpssayfukfc.png

Then I flash......

Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMC_F.obj
Virtual Machine Started
Script Loaded
Script Verified
Checking Data File...
VIN: 1D7KS28A77J585018 /////////////////***** THIS IS WRONG *****
Serial: 000000007283
Unlocking: Trying MFG key...
Erasing: Wait...
Programming...
Programming...
Programming...
Programming...
Programming...
Script finished successfully.

I assume you change it here
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t363/everydaydiesel2/pcm%20security_zpsrx3gtjbu.png
but what controller do you use for 6.7L cummins?

joecar
February 18th, 2016, 10:19 AM
You don't change the VIN in that box under the Calibration tab.

You would change it under the VIN/BCC tab... under this tab you punch in the VIN and click Update VIN

( i.e. you don't do either of a full flash or a cal-only flash ).

Also, did you try changing the VIN from the scantool...?

Cummins...? IDK.

EverydayDiesel
February 18th, 2016, 10:47 AM
You don't change the VIN in that box under the Calibration tab.

You would change it under the VIN/BCC tab... under this tab you punch in the VIN and click Update VIN

( i.e. you don't do either of a full flash or a cal-only flash ).

Also, did you try changing the VIN from the scantool...?

Cummins...? IDK.

Thanks I realize that you don't change it on that screen but all txt boxes are grayed out until you select the correct Pcm on the first tab. I don't see cm2100 anywhere in that list

2007 5.9
February 18th, 2016, 11:02 AM
You would use v7.5 scan tool in the bi-directional tab to assign the new Vin, then read that file back out. The new Vin should be saved

EverydayDiesel
February 18th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Thanks Les, butbI am not sure what you mean by bi-directional tab. Are you talking about this screen? The new vin box is grayed out and wont let me enter anything but when I click the arrow <- it tells me this ....

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t363/everydaydiesel2/vin%20update_zpsbeodjben.png

2007 5.9
February 18th, 2016, 11:19 AM
No its in the v7.5 scan tool, you'll connect to the truck, select the CMC ecm then on the menu bar on top is a tab for bi-directional and inside is the ability to change the Vin after a flash

EverydayDiesel
February 18th, 2016, 11:31 AM
No its in the v7.5 scan tool, you'll connect to the truck, select the CMC ecm then on the menu bar on top is a tab for bi-directional and inside is the ability to change the Vin after a flash

You are the man!!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much for helping. Now my dash doesn't look like a Christmas tree!