PDA

View Full Version : runing extra injectors on ls1 pcm

JCA
February 18th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Hi just wondering if any body has run a second row of injectors on a boosted engine i was thinking of adding a second pcm to run the second lot of injectors when boost comes in i m unsure if 2 controllers would like sharing the same crank and cam sensors

joecar
February 19th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Hi just wondering if any body has run a second row of injectors on a boosted engine i was thinking of adding a second pcm to run the second lot of injectors when boost comes in i m unsure if 2 controllers would like sharing the same crank and cam sensorsThey don't mind sharing the CKP/CMP sensors... it's the front NBO2's and CL trimming that they don't like sharing.

joecar
February 19th, 2016, 04:48 AM
Some people do this (with just one set of 8 HUGE injectors):

set FPR to low pressure, say 38 psi, scale IFR tables accordingly, set small/minimum pulsewidths;

this allows PCM to control idle, and to run large amount of fuel at boost.

JCA
February 19th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Hi joe thanks for ur reply the engine dosnt run any o2s etc its drag car only i currently run Bosch 1650cc high impedance injectors on my 376ci .Anything under 50psi fpr the injectors seem to lose tune ability i have been also runing id2000 but had problems with both injectors blocking up etc apparently they have a rubber disk under the pintal which swells up with different fuels (e85) as they are a natural gas injector buts its hard to find a big cc injector compatible with all fuels untill now bosch motor sport has released a 1650cc with stainless internals which they warrant with any fuel my problem is the 1650cc are on limit with current combo on 22-30psi and i have a new bigger ci engine ready to go in so i thought if i run 2 lots of injectors having the 2nd set come in at say 15psi id be wiring in 2 ls1 computers just leaving the fuel tables empty till i want the second lot of injectors coming in i know i could go a after market ecu but i like my ls1 stuff do u reckon this should work? Experience with runing piggy backs on other factory vehicles i had to always run extra sensors but it was mainly for coolant /air temps etc