PDA

View Full Version : Pid for airflow grams/cyl - E92 5.3L

Wheelz
February 19th, 2016, 09:08 AM
I'm trying to log airflow in grams/cyl as calculated by the ecm for knock retard logging and timing adjustments. I tried logging APCYL_M and my V2 says it's an unsupported PID when I attempt to log data. I have V8 8.2.2 build 290 and OS #12663390.

Is there another PID I should be using instead? I am using a calculated PID referencing the MAF sensor in the interim, but I don't trust that as much as the value the ecm calculates when it determines spark advance.

Vehicle is a 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L

Thanks in advance

GMPX
February 21st, 2016, 09:23 AM
Sorry but there is no alternate PID, any PID with '_M' or 'DMA' is not a standard GM PID instead it requires EFILive to find specific info for each and every OS we want to add this PID for. It is very time consuming and unfortunately is something that I do let lapse and have done on the E92. I can do no more than say I will attempt to add them in at some point.

Wheelz
February 21st, 2016, 01:44 PM
Understand. There are several versions of MAF airflow on the E92. Which one would you recommend to be most accurate? I'm using the generic MAF PID right now.

Nick Fly
April 10th, 2021, 02:02 AM
I know this is an old thread but I'm in the same boat as Wheelz. I'm trying to tune the MAF sensor after a new intake and intake tune install on a 2017 chevy silverado 1500. Is the generic MAPF PID the best pid to use?

-Thanks

Highlander
December 1st, 2021, 07:56 AM
You only need MafFreq2

picture in link.
https://prnt.sc/21af7kg

Highlander
December 1st, 2021, 07:58 AM
If you want to have g/cyl use airpersec pid and do this calc pid.

return pid("AIRPERSEC")*15/pid("RPM");