PDA

View Full Version : Any Advantage to Lowering Minimum Pilot to Main and Main to Post Time?

Move'n Up
March 4th, 2016, 06:26 AM
Any reason Lowering the Minimum Time in D0509 and D0510 wouldn't be a good idea? Keeping in mind that this is in a CSP5 tune which affects all 5 slots. Also if lowering what's a good guideline based on experience?

My thinking is that lowering this number will give you a gain in the overall timing window?

Move'n Up
March 6th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Nobody?

Ghostman
March 23rd, 2016, 12:42 PM
Do you know if your hitting that limiter or close to it?

Move'n Up
March 24th, 2016, 04:24 AM
No, not hitting a limit. I'm able to fuel up to 3200us in my slot #5 race tune. My question was geared toward finding out if there was anything to be gained either in an all out performance tune, tow tune or daily drive tune by adjusting these 2 values.

SASDakota
March 24th, 2016, 06:32 AM
You answered your own question. If you aren't hitting those limits changing it won't make a difference.

Ghostman
March 24th, 2016, 06:41 AM
You answered your own question. If you aren't hitting those limits changing it won't make a difference.

That's kind of what I was getting at also. I don't think it would be an issue unless your hitting a limit.

SASDakota
March 24th, 2016, 07:34 AM
The true scenario for those parameters are for running a large pulse high into the RPMs. Which is not advised to do anyways... But for those looking for the MAX you can get from hard parts the ability is there.

Also, most aren't running multi injections that high up.

Move'n Up
March 24th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Perhaps my response wasn't clear. I'm not specifically looking to gain time for a longer pulse width. I see how you could have come to that conclusion based on my original post.

Is there a benefit in a give situation when you would benefit from less then stock 250 and 600 respectively or even adding to those numbers? Maybe for Pulling/towing or all out performance more or less/no gap would be optimum?

SASDakota
March 24th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Am I understanding correctly you are not asking about those parameters. Rather you are asking is there a benefit to tuning your injection events that close together?

Move'n Up
March 24th, 2016, 09:01 AM
No, I am actually asking about those parameters that I mentioned and did the screen capture of in the original post.

Any Advantage to Lowering Minimum Pilot to Main and Main to Post Time?

SASDakota
March 24th, 2016, 09:12 AM
OK, so at the risk of talking in circles.

What Ghostman and myself are talking about. Those parameters you screenshotted are limiters. You said you are not running into any limiters in a previous post. So at that point I posted that you answered your own question because you told us you are not running into these limiters.

So then at that point I asked if you are talking about tuning theory moving injections that close together to where the limiters would matter? Or the parameters themselves.

They don't move your injections closer together by changing these values unless your tune is running into it and they are holding you back.

Move'n Up
March 24th, 2016, 09:42 AM
They don't move your injections closer together by changing these values unless your tune is running into it and they are holding you back.
Okay, so I must be interpreting that minimum gap in time incorrectly?

Ghostman
March 24th, 2016, 01:48 PM
I believe they function as a limiter. For instance, if you have your pilot a lot of pulse width and it was still commanding pilot up to 250 before the main event was to start it would cut the pilot off. If you adjusted to 100 it would let pilot continue to 100 and then cut it off.

SASDakota
March 25th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Basically what ghostman said. I had a big elaborate reply typed up on my phone and it erased it all... I said screw it.

Basically one parameter ends pilot shot 250us before main shot will occur (main shot being the authority). And the other I think delays post shot until 600 us after main. I don't think it cuts main shot like it would cut pilot. Can't say for certain because I have not tested it.