PDA

View Full Version : Extra Cubes

ARC
March 7th, 2016, 05:48 AM
I Have Just stroked my 2007 Yukon Denali 376 to a 418 And need to re-tune for extra Cubes. Where do I Start with the changes in the tune? Stock injectors and fuel system.

joecar
March 7th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Do you have a wideband...?

Correct VE table (with MAF disabled; CL/LTFT/STFT disabled; use VE units g*K/kPa).

Should also correct MAF table (with VE disabled; CL/LTFT/STFT disabled).

Post your stock tune file.

What HP/TQ are is the engine expected to deliver...? --> need to calculate injector size from this.
What rpm is engine expected to spin up to...?
What transmission will it drive...?

I take it you have supporting mods (valvetrain, headers, crank pulley/damper, etc).

ARC
March 7th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I have innovation lc-1 O2 sensors installed in each bank.

I had a stock engine, with a comp cam 156-403 vvt cam installed, stock injectors, ported l92 heads, with comp valve springs and push rods, 1 7/8 kooks long tube headers (catless) and used EFI live to tune it in roughly so I could drive it south to get it professionally tuned. I put 60000 km on it and really enjoyed it. I Cracked a piston crown on the outside ring land.

So now everything is forged, weisco pistons, dished -10cc, 4" stroker crank over bored to 4.085" with new dart ls3 heads(68cc combustion camber), stock thickness head gasket for 4.085" and dart valve train, comp lifters, comp push rods, same cam set up, yella terra rockers 1:7 ratio, High volume oil pump, ported stock throttle body, TCI high stall torque converter(2200rpm stall), pro flow mass Air, stock intake and injectors and fuel pump (future plan is for 2.3l whipple supercharger with light boost) static compression ratio is 10.5. rings are gapped for boost.

ARC
March 7th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Shooting for 550 hp at the crank before boost.

Thanks for the quick response, Joe.

PS. I am rusty with my tune skills, I have not touched efi live since 2013 and have only done so because of necessity, no tuner up here in Ft.McMurray, nearest tuner is 3 hours south.

ARC
March 7th, 2016, 02:16 PM
I plan on reving it to 7200 RPM, and I am running the stock transmission which is a 6l80e, with the AWD system.

ARC
March 7th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I tried to attach the original tune that I was playing with in 2013.

joecar
March 8th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Hey ARC,

Do you have tge LC-1's daisy chained to the V2 serial port...?

joecar
March 8th, 2016, 05:49 AM
I tried to attach the original tune that I was playing with in 2013.yes, please see if you can post it.

joecar
March 8th, 2016, 05:52 AM
Your V2 firmware probaby needs to be updated (by updating V7/V8 software).

What year/model/vehicle...?

ARC
March 8th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Your V2 firmware probaby needs to be updated (by updating V7/V8 software).

What year/model/vehicle...?

It's a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali originally had a 6.2l now stroked to 6.8l.

I can't remember how the LC1 are wired in but I have the gear in a box in the garage. I had the truck tuned professionally but have a second ecm for my Efi live tune.( tuner locked the original ecm so I can't mess with his tune). It starts and idles nice but I assume that it would run lean if I stepped on it. It's a 5 hour drive to the tuners garage.

Do you think that it would be okay to drive if I drive cautiously to get south?

joecar
March 8th, 2016, 07:13 PM
If it drives ok at light throttle, it may be ok to get to your tuner, as long as it's not running so richit's washing down the cylinder walls (no black smoke) and not running so lean it pings all the time.

ARC
March 9th, 2016, 03:24 PM
If it drives ok at light throttle, it may be ok to get to your tuner, as long as it's not running so richit's washing down the cylinder walls (no black smoke) and not running so lean it pings all the time.

Drove to the car wash a couple o blocks away. It's not smoking but stability traction light came on. It seems to want to accelerate on its on when first put in drive but then backs off, surges. No pinging at all, but I'm being light on the acellerator. I have to see how it runs at high way speed just idling along.