PDA

View Full Version : Stock 6.2 e92 tune

Bmccumpsey
March 7th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Hey guys I am needing to see if any of y'all have the stock e92 6.2 file. I was tuning a buddies truck and I am getting a checksum error. So I assume his ecm was tuned on before. Any help would be appreciated.

Cummins610
March 7th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I do. PM or post your email

GMPX
March 7th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Hey guys I am needing to see if any of y'all have the stock e92 6.2 file. I was tuning a buddies truck and I am getting a checksum error. So I assume his ecm was tuned on before. Any help would be appreciated.
If you are running current software you can fix that yourself without needing another tune. Yes it is usually caused by aftermarket programmers trying to disguise themselves.
Search and see if you have this calibration:

{B9999} Flash Checksum Fail Fix
If you are getting a checksum error at the end of a reflash please check this value, if it is anything other than 65535 this may be the reason. Please change the value to 65535, resave the file and attempt the flash again.

Cheers,
Ross

Road
March 8th, 2016, 02:21 AM
You didn't specify a year here is a 2014 hope it helps.

Bmccumpsey
March 8th, 2016, 02:57 AM
You didn't specify a year here is a 2014 hope it helps.

It was for a 2015 but I did end up figuring out the checksum error. If you search for CVN you can change the value like stated and that fixes the problem. Thank you both for your quick replies and help. In all of the googling I saw the error was common on previous versions but did not see what the exact fix was. Thanks again

Bobby