PDA

View Full Version : RAFIG PDF - Includes all of SSpdmon idle info.

jmsmotorsport
March 11th, 2016, 06:25 PM
After doing the RAFIG process and not really finding a good tutorial all in the one location and a good explanation of the RAFIG process with PID's required, io decided to gather all the info i found plus some extra stuff i had to work on regarding stalling from AC and Thermo Fans. A large amount of the tables and ideas came directly from SSpdmon and I give full credit to him and i hope he doesnt mind me putting it into this PDF. If anyone finds any issues let me know and i will fix them up, Thanks.

TurboCamaro
August 8th, 2016, 06:22 AM
In trying to do the RAFIG process on an 02 Trans Am 6Spd car the IAC correction PIDs showing in the process are coming up as invalid. What am I missing?
I know I have too many PIDs selected just trying to get the RAFIG ones to be valid.

jmsmotorsport
August 8th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Can you right click the pid and click more information. It should tell you what other PIDS need to be selected for it to work. It may also be that you have yet to connect to the car. Sometimes they will say unsupported but once connection with car is made they become valid

joecar
August 8th, 2016, 08:48 AM
+1 what jms said.

TurboCamaro
August 9th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Thanks guys.
I was connected to the car and have right clicked for more info without any direction as to what is needed.

jmsmotorsport
August 9th, 2016, 07:42 AM
I see you don't have RAFPN calculated PID selected not that this should affect the others not being valid,I find it odd that the RAFIG calculated PID is valid but the PIDS it uses for calculations are still invalid. When you say connected was the car on and connected red dot top right corner and recording? I will look into it more when I get some time

TurboCamaro
August 9th, 2016, 08:02 AM
It is a stick car hence no RAFPN.
I also found it strange that RAFIG is valid while others aren't when it depends on them.
Yes, connected with ability to record.

jmsmotorsport
August 9th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Ok well if it's stick you can get rid of the P/N PIDS as well. I'm not at my laptop but when you right click on the PIDS does it give you anymore information at all or is it just blank in that area?

jmsmotorsport
August 9th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Since the RAFIG is valid when you log does it give you any readings at all?

joecar
August 10th, 2016, 11:17 AM
With manual trans, doesn't PCM use the PN tables when clutch pedal is pushed in (i.e. PCM sees CPP switch)...?

TurboCamaro
August 11th, 2016, 09:28 AM
I will check

SSpdDmon
June 27th, 2017, 08:25 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/fDO2Nk0ImzvvW/giphy.gif

joecar
June 28th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Hey SSD, good to see ya :cheers:

db caissie
April 18th, 2018, 04:59 PM
hey guys, love the info, just trying to get a project of mine dialed in, but i don't see much for detailed info for the RAFPN portion of this tutorial, can anybody chime in on all the correct pids to get setup for that bit, i have a 6.0l lq4 with a 4l60e behind it with a 218@50int/227@50exh duration and 109int/115exh lobe center, gm perf asa grind cam in this, it's giving me some grief with the idle tuning and throttle follower, wants to stall after reving. in the past i've paid people to do this for me, its now time for me to learn so i can do it myself.
thanks
Dale