PDA

View Full Version : Efilive software on Roadkill episode

Tre-Cool
March 14th, 2016, 02:58 PM
latest episode of roadkills hotrod garage, episode 38 on youtube.

The tuning shop they take the car to is Church Automotive.

Cheers

GMPX
March 14th, 2016, 03:50 PM
I've never heard of the show, but thanks.

ScarabEpic22
March 15th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Saw it and was like "I have that hardware and software!" ha. Not sure if you can view it on YouTube in AZ, but check out motortrendondemand DOT com and you might be able to watch it that way.

Tre-Cool
March 15th, 2016, 02:15 PM
I've never heard of the show, but thanks.

What? you call yourself a car guy... tisk tisk.

to be honest I prefer the normal road kill episodes over the garage ones myself.

GMPX
March 15th, 2016, 05:22 PM
LOL, come 5pm I'm not a car guy :music_whistling_1:, I'd prefer to watch Baggage Battles or Storage Wars.

joecar
March 16th, 2016, 02:44 AM
It's a good show hosted by David Freiburger who has been at Hot Rod forever (he is the ultimate scour-wrecking-yard-for-parts-to-install-in-car-on-side-of-road-in-pouring-rain type of carguy).

Chevy366
March 22nd, 2016, 05:06 AM
LOL, come 5pm I'm not a car guy :music_whistling_1:, I'd prefer to watch Baggage Battles or Storage Wars.

We know Walt Cade (Storage Wars - Texas).

Chevy366
March 22nd, 2016, 05:13 AM
It's a good show hosted by David Freiburger who has been at Hot Rod forever (he is the ultimate scrour-wrecking-yard-for-parts-to-install-in-car-on-side-of-road-in-pouring-rain type of carguy).
Their (Roadkill) M.O. is take the hood off for more air flow to keep the car from overheating. Avid fan of all Motor Trend channel episodes. Freiberger's latest is dyno testing engines to show what makes HP in an engine add on situation. Does bent headers really cut HP? Does a single plane intake make better HP than a dual plane? Does a 2-4 setup make more power than a 3-2 setup? Those kind of things.
I was amazed to see bending headers (bashing them in to fit around obstructions) did not affect HP at all, even in extreme cases.

GMPX
March 22nd, 2016, 09:35 AM
We know Walt Cade (Storage Wars - Texas).
We don't get that one. The show we see most of it is from California.

Chevy366
March 22nd, 2016, 10:57 AM
We don't get that one. The show we see most of it is from California.

His son (Casey Cade) is doing a show called "Flip N' Move".
We do local auctions in Texas, but never made it onto the show.

Yeah, Cali show is wild. "YUUUP!"

I can say for sure it is not like the show depicts in real life, most lockers are crap, lockers get paid for the day of the auction taking them off the block, usually the good stuff.

Of course you get $30,000 an episode or more you can eat a few bad lockers. We don't, so we are cautious on what we bid on.

GMPX
March 22nd, 2016, 11:09 AM
I can say for sure it is not like the show depicts in real life, most lockers are crap, lockers get paid for the day of the auction taking them off the block, usually the good stuff.
Yeah I think most of the time they are convincing themselves they've bought something good. Like all those shows (American Pickers etc) they over value the estimated resale price big time.

Chevy366
April 11th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Yeah I think most of the time they are convincing themselves they've bought something good. Like all those shows (American Pickers etc) they over value the estimated resale price big time.
So true. We look for things we know will sell quick and not so much trash, that they have plenty of in the lockers.
Best thing we have done so far is bought a bottle for $1 and sold it for $850, it was an 1800's wine bottle with 99% pure silver adoring it in a grape vine pattern, hand made and all correct silver smith marks, have yet to do that ever again, it took 2 years to sell though.

On Gas Monkey Garage (Fast and Loud), they had HPTuners come in to try and get a Hellcat to fire without full wiring harness, HPTuners guy couldn't get it to fire, they (Aron of Gas Monkey) then got Diablo Sport to come in and give it a try, they (Diablo Sport) got it to fire, but had to add some components back to the harness, first standalone Hellcat engine to run without factory harness.

KlUrza
July 5th, 2016, 07:51 PM
How much more horse can you get out of efi live? I know ppe and quadzilla can give you an additional 200 and something horse supposedly, but my question is what all do you have to do to get this extra 200 horses. I mean wouldn't you need to be fueling a lot more than stock, so that would require a lift pump, maybe a modified cp3, and maybe a larger turbo.

joecar
July 6th, 2016, 02:04 PM
How much more horse can you get out of efi live? I know ppe and quadzilla can give you an additional 200 and something horse supposedly, but my question is what all do you have to do to get this extra 200 horses. I mean wouldn't you need to be fueling a lot more than stock, so that would require a lift pump, maybe a modified cp3, and maybe a larger turbo.It's not the EFILive tool that get's you power, it's the skill/knowledge of the tuner person using EFILive.