PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't my 07 corvette ever hit 100% TPS at full throttle?

mvvette97
March 16th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Doing some logging and tuning today on my 07 corvette and just noticed in the log that when wide open it never hits 100% throttle position. Is that how it is supposed to be? Here is my log. It shows it maxes out about 88%. Is this normal?

mvvette97
March 16th, 2016, 06:17 PM
After some searching it seems I may not have the correct throttle position PID selected. Anybody know what PID I need?

ScarabEpic22
March 17th, 2016, 06:36 AM
ETCTP or similar I believe.

Ninety8C5
March 17th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Try GM.TPDES

mvvette97
March 17th, 2016, 03:49 PM
I just went out and selected all those type of pids and turned the ignition on and it still maxed at 88% when pushed to the floor. I thought possibly it was the aftermarket throttle controller so I unhooked it and put it back to original and still the same thing

Move'n Up
March 18th, 2016, 01:02 AM
You may just have a bad TPS sensor or it may need to be calibrated if it's ever been replaced or removed for any reason.

mvvette97
March 18th, 2016, 01:45 AM
If it was bad wouldn't it throw a code?

minytrker
March 18th, 2016, 03:21 AM
88% is WOT. Take your air intake off and with key on engine off have someone hold it to the floor, it show 88% and the TB will be all the way open.

Taz
March 18th, 2016, 03:52 AM
If you log TPS %, then you won't see a value over 88% (as it is calculated from the voltage).

Log:

GM.APP - for the position (%) of the APP (accelerator pedal)
GM.ETCTP - for the position (%) of the throttle body

Both of these PIDs range from 0% to 100%.

mvvette97
March 18th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I tried to log those you have listed but it didn't do anything. Kinda strange.

mvvette97
March 18th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Ok I pulled the rubber intake off and it does look like it's going all the way. Now with the key off I can get it to go a little more but not much. So the 88% is normal?
88% is WOT. Take your air intake off and with key on engine off have someone hold it to the floor, it show 88% and the TB will be all the way open.

joecar
March 19th, 2016, 06:32 AM
See these posts:

ETCTP or similar I believe.

If you log TPS %, then you won't see a value over 88% (as it is calculated from the voltage).

Log:

GM.APP - for the position (%) of the APP (accelerator pedal)
GM.ETCTP - for the position (%) of the throttle body

Both of these PIDs range from 0% to 100%.

GM.ETCTP is the throttle position pid for ETC vehicles (which includes Corvette).

joecar
March 19th, 2016, 06:55 AM
BTW: your log file contains more than 24 pid channels... this is ok if you're just logging to view pids... if you're logging to tune then you have to limit the pid channel count to 24 or less.

mvvette97
March 20th, 2016, 04:35 AM
Thanks man. I will go threw them and cut some of those down.

NCRay
March 21st, 2016, 06:39 AM
An earlier quote stated "You may just have a bad TPS sensor or it may need to be calibrated if it's ever been replaced or removed for any reason."

A follow on question... Can we shade tree mechanics who put in a new throttle pedal calibrate the new pedal to the TPS Sensor without having to go to the stealer ship? Any ideas on how?
What are the chances a recalibration is really needed?

I ask this because my other non-DMax vehicle is a 2012 CTS Coupe that I just installed a set of the GM accessory Throttle and Brake pad on. I was hoping to be able to somehow be able to calibrate the throttle myself as I just do not have a local dealership I desire to go to.

minytrker
March 21st, 2016, 07:27 AM
An earlier quote stated "You may just have a bad TPS sensor or it may need to be calibrated if it's ever been replaced or removed for any reason."

A follow on question... Can we shade tree mechanics who put in a new throttle pedal calibrate the new pedal to the TPS Sensor without having to go to the stealer ship? Any ideas on how?
What are the chances a recalibration is really needed?

I ask this because my other non-DMax vehicle is a 2012 CTS Coupe that I just installed a set of the GM accessory Throttle and Brake pad on. I was hoping to be able to somehow be able to calibrate the throttle myself as I just do not have a local dealership I desire to go to.

Its not a bad TPS, its working correctly.

mvvette97
March 21st, 2016, 02:02 PM
I guess I won't worry about it. The car runs good and no check engine light so I figured if the tps was bad I would get some kind of code. I just thought it was strange that it never reads 100% when wide open. I even plugged in my cheapo scanner and it also read something like 89% or close to it. Must be normal I guess.