PDA

View Full Version : LML scan tool/logging

DURAtotheMAX
March 18th, 2016, 03:40 AM
Been logging/tuning LML's for a while, but recently Ive been doing more research on the ways the ECM actually deals with torque and driver demand. Figured I would rant on the other things that have bugged me forever too while Im at it. :D

Had a couple questions...are there any further descriptions as to what all of the torque PIDs mean on the LML? I cant find any PID's that correlate to the pedal-to-torque map...ie what cell the ECM is looking at. Sometimes all of the other torque PIDs agree/seem logical, other times they dont.

delivered torque to transmission ft lbs
driver demanded engine torque ft lbs
engine actual steady torque ft lbs
actual engine percent torque %
drivers demanded engine percent torque %

Sometimes at wide open throttle the torque values dont hit what Im commanding in the pedal-to-torque map, sometimes they do.

The two percentage torque tables actually seem to make a little more sense than the others, but who knows.

Also, damn them for not having a traditional main injection uS PID like all previous diesels. Is it REALLY safe to assume what the uS duration actually is based on rail pressure and commanded mm3 alone? (and then use that to look at your main injection pulse table B0552) I feel like the ECM can still do funky stuff behind the scenes, and its really just a crapshoot as far as knowing how much fuel the ECM is ACTUALLY injecting into the engine. I know theres "injection time all", but I never really trusted that because it didnt seem to properly correlate with main injection pulse table.

Which brings me to the two different mm3 PID's. Ive always used calculated fuel rate as a reference on the LML, but I cant help but ask why there is "injection quantity all"...and what it actually means.

Has anyone put together an updated LML scan tool link file? I started to a while back, but got frustrated and just decided to deal with the fact that many of the tables are linked wrong to the scan tool.

GMPX
March 18th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Ben most of the PID's you need are only possible using our DMA Method, but I don't think that was possible with the LML ECM as we get values directly from memory and remember these are locked down......just another Bosch bonus there.
I think the Injection Quantity All is the sum of all injection events for that cycle, pilot(s) + Main + post(s).

DURAtotheMAX
March 18th, 2016, 09:50 AM
I think the Injection Quantity All is the sum of all injection events for that cycle, pilot(s) + Main + post(s).

Although injection quantity all is always less than fuel rate calculated. They're proportional, sort of. At full throttle, ing qty all will be 95 mm3 or so, while fuel rate calculated is 120 mm3. And at idle, inj qty all might be 10 mm3 and calculated fuel rate might be 12-13 mm3.

GMPX
March 18th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure what to say, I don't know how Bosch rescale / calculate the mm3 rate for the PID, it is a standard GM PID so maybe they messed up in how they did it.