PDA

View Full Version : March 2016: EFILive Pre-Release

Blacky
March 22nd, 2016, 02:26 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.

Please use the latest Release Candidate version now available in this thread:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26733-June-2016-Release-Candidate-1

Release Notes:
Whats New
(http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_294.htm)

Updates

Both V7.5 and V8 installation files above have been re-signed with the correct SHA256 certificates and should no longer be flagged by Windows as having corrupt or invalid signatures.
The calibration definition for E78 OS 12654014 has been updated to prevent the "Invalid floating point" error. Download the attached 12654014.calz file and save it into the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E78, overwrite the existing file.

Known Issues
Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As new issues are verified they will be posted in the Known Issues (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26475-Known-issues-with-the-March-2016-Pre-Release) thread.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 303
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 294
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.97 (Mar 04, 2015)
To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

Orange Stroker
March 23rd, 2016, 11:28 AM
I keep getting the error "The signature of EFILive7.5.7.303_Setup (1).exe is corrupt or invalid.

Orange Stroker
March 23rd, 2016, 11:32 AM
Same thing for V.8

Blacky
March 23rd, 2016, 07:46 PM
I keep getting the error "The signature of EFILive7.5.7.303_Setup (1).exe is corrupt or invalid.

The SHA1 signatures have been updated to SHA256 signatures, please re-download the files.

Regards
Paul

Orange Stroker
March 25th, 2016, 06:45 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the GMLAN tab under engine diagnostics for LML Duramax trucks??

S Phinney
March 25th, 2016, 10:01 AM
I have noticed that missing as well. I also notice that tuning the A50 in a LML truck doesn't do what you ask of it. For instance following shift points via speed or Rpm does not follow the set parameters. Tuning one in a 2010 LMM does what you ask of it.

bobo
March 26th, 2016, 04:30 AM
I have noticed that missing as well. I also notice that tuning the A50 in a LML truck doesn't do what you ask of it. For instance following shift points via speed or Rpm does not follow the set parameters. Tuning one in a 2010 LMM does what you ask of it.

Hoping we can work to solve that problem at some point.

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 26th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I tested a 2012 and 2013 OS and had it follow my changes

S Phinney
March 26th, 2016, 10:46 AM
I just had the flash fail three times and gave me this attached screen shot. This is my file from my truck and is going back into my truck. It finally did flash.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160326/835e43d104125cc9a7e79eb7a4b85488.jpg

joecar
March 28th, 2016, 01:07 AM
What did you have to do to get it to flash...?

S Phinney
March 28th, 2016, 05:16 AM
I just kept trying without disconnecting from V8. It finally took. Had me worried for a little bit.

S Phinney
March 28th, 2016, 10:56 PM
I had another episode of the checksum failure with a calibration flash on the same TCM A50. Everything matched before the flash attempt as well.

GMPX
March 29th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the GMLAN tab under engine diagnostics for LML Duramax trucks??
It looks like it might be a software bug (maybe), calibrations that normally show up in red are being hidden from view, I'll have Paul check it out.

I had another episode of the checksum failure with a calibration flash on the same TCM A50. Everything matched before the flash attempt as well.
Does the ECM flash without any issues on this truck?

S Phinney
March 29th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Ecm has flashed fine every time except one time. That has been since I updated to the pre-release. TCM has been the problem.

GMPX
March 29th, 2016, 11:27 AM
OK, just trying to determine if it is vehicle issue or specific to the TCM, sounds like it is specific to the TCM.

S Phinney
March 30th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Tony ut did everything you asked if it? Shifted at desired rpms, speed and locked up just like you ask it to? Did you actually check to see if it did all if theses items? Thanks

GMPX
March 30th, 2016, 11:37 AM

I have noticed that missing as well.
Guys just something to be aware of. Your V2 must be plugged in to the USB port when V7.5 is first opened for these calibrations to become visible. That also means you must not have V8 running at the same time as it will not release the USB port to V7 on start up. Just something to observe when you first run V7, look for the LED's on the V2 to flash briefly as the software starts, this indicates V7 has negotiated with the V2 what level license the unit is (which is what determines if those cals show).

S Phinney
March 30th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Guys just something to be aware of. Your V2 must be plugged in to the USB port when V7.5 is first opened for these calibrations to become visible. That also means you must not have V8 running at the same time as it will not release the USB port to V7 on start up. Just something to observe when you first run V7, look for the LED's on the V2 to flash briefly as the software starts, this indicates V7 has negotiated with the V2 what level license the unit is (which is what determines if those cals show).
Thank you for the help. Works everytime.

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 30th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I had the BETA cals and tested on my 2012, tested a 2013 OS as well, I also sent a file to one of my dealers with a 2014, it followed my changes.

The A50 Beta forum was very quiet, I assume the other testers had similar results as I did, if they did not they would have brought it up in BETA that something was not working, it was like crickets in there, no complaints or issues.

Only one tester stated otherwise, and he had issue with only the Normal Maps, I had none when I cross tested the OS he uploaded.

Not sure what else I can add. Send me the file you have issue with, along with the changes you made and I will test it.

It may be the way you are setting up the changes

S Phinney
March 30th, 2016, 10:12 PM
10-4.

wesam
April 4th, 2016, 02:04 PM
I had a checksum error with E78 ECM yesterday i tried to full flash it but had the same problem
I hope it will be fixed soon because i cant start my customer car

Thanks in advance

Blacky
April 4th, 2016, 02:13 PM
I had a checksum error with E78 ECM yesterday i tried to full flash it but had the same problem
I hope it will be fixed soon because i cant start my customer car

Thanks in advance

Did you flash it using V8 pass-thru? If so can you locate the trace file and send it to me at paul@efilive.com. The trace files for V8 are located in \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
If you didn't use V8 pass-thru, try using V8 pass-thru instead.

Regards
Paul

wesam
April 4th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Hi Paul i sent you an email yesterday could you check it please

Blacky
April 4th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Hi Paul i sent you an email yesterday could you check it please

I didn't see it yesterday, went looking through my junk folder and found it. Looking into it now...
The file had some residual Diablo data in it. I've removed the Diable data and sent you a corrected file.

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
April 7th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Found something random. In the AL5 OS 15196784, in table {D5008} Part Throttle 5 -> 4 Shift Speeds, Pattern B reads the file from the wrong position. The 80 should be at 100 TPS% and there should be one more value that isn't shown in the 0 TPS% position (in my case its 71 KPH). I included a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about. Not sure if other OS's are affected. I haven't checked as I don't have all the AL5 OS's but Ill see if I can check the ones I do have.

cindy@efilive
April 7th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Tony ut did everything you asked if it? Shifted at desired rpms, speed and locked up just like you ask it to? Did you actually check to see if it did all if theses items? Thanks

We heard your A50 issues are now resolved via tuning changes, is that correct?

Cheers
Cindy

S Phinney
April 7th, 2016, 07:50 AM
We heard your A50 issues are now resolved via tuning changes, is that correct?

Cheers
Cindy
Yes ,Cindy I can make changes now. The only suggestion and you may not be able to change this at all would be to see enough code so you could determine why or where the changes get sidetracked. For instance the speed changes do not occur at the set mph per throttle positions as previous tcm and software calibrations would allow. Your changes are dictated by Wot enable, wot up shifts, combination of apply and release in wot and part throttle. It is not something the layman tuner is going to jump into make a couple changes and get any results. I just had to approach it from a different perspective and with a little insight from Tony got it figured out. Thanks for checking with me on this. Tony, I appreciate the help.
Shane

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 7th, 2016, 08:12 AM
No problem, was happy to help you get the changes to work more to your liking.

Good Luck and stay in touch !!!

Chavez91
April 7th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Checked the other OS's I have. Seems to be just that particular 5 speed OS. But like I said I don't have them all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GMPX
April 7th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Found something random. In the AL5 OS 15196784, in table {D5008} Part Throttle 5 -> 4 Shift Speeds, Pattern B reads the file from the wrong position. The 80 should be at 100 TPS% and there should be one more value that isn't shown in the 0 TPS% position (in my case its 71 KPH). I included a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about. Not sure if other OS's are affected. I haven't checked as I don't have all the AL5 OS's but Ill see if I can check the ones I do have.
Thanks Josh, I have fixed it for the next update. Amazing to think it has been like that for many, many years (I would say since 2008) and only just got noticed and that is the popular OS too.
The issue is probably only on that OS as all the table locations are entered by hand, it was just a typo on that line.

Chavez91
April 7th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks Josh, I have fixed it for the next update. Amazing to think it has been like that for many, many years (I would say since 2008) and only just got noticed and that is the popular OS too.
The issue is probably only on that OS as all the table locations are entered by hand, it was just a typo on that line.

I just cruise through things at random. And that random zero on the bottom caught my eye.... "Now why the heck would they do that?" So I pulled and checked the bin and was like "ahhhh... i see what happened here" :rotflmao: